Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: Don't "Balance" the Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Oh, then that's not perfect imbalance. That's what I mean by "actual balance" (so we're in agreement).

"Perfect Imbalance" as popularized by Extra Credits is like saying Rock is OP, so everyone uses rock. Then the devs make patches and now Paper is OP, so everyone uses Paper. After more patches Scissors is now OP and everyone uses scissors. Yet more patches come and now Rock V2 is OP, and so on and so forth.

It's a terrible way of balancing, I have no idea why people still think it's logical.

Message 11 of 16 (131 Views)
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

carnifex49 wrote:

Oh, then that's not perfect imbalance. That's what I mean by "actual balance" (so we're in agreement).

"Perfect Imbalance" as popularized by Extra Credits is like saying Rock is OP, so everyone uses rock. Then the devs make patches and now Paper is OP, so everyone uses Paper. After more patches Scissors is now OP and everyone uses scissors. Yet more patches come and now Rock V2 is OP, and so on and so forth.

It's a terrible way of balancing, I have no idea why people still think it's logical.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. I used the wrong term then but that what known it to be. By going by the correct term, yes, the game is balanced. Also people think it's logical because it suits their needs Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 16 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Meh certain things do neec to be balanced. A lot of the top players have came up with extremely broken builds and/or combos and even let them in on it so they would balance it because of how blatantly broken they were. Like the Hades guy with the combo that would 100% you if you weren't a tanky poseidon. Leaen to counter isn't always a good counter arguement, his combo was uncounterable unless you got lucky that he messed up pretty much, in whivh case he's a Hades so boom he just resets the combo. There is no reason things like that should exist which is why he pointed it out to be fixed.
Just one of many examples
Message 13 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Apr 9, 2013

SassyPanda13 wrote:
Meh certain things do neec to be balanced. A lot of the top players have came up with extremely broken builds and/or combos and even let them in on it so they would balance it because of how blatantly broken they were. Like the Hades guy with the combo that would 100% you if you weren't a tanky poseidon. Leaen to counter isn't always a good counter arguement, his combo was uncounterable unless you got lucky that he messed up pretty much, in whivh case he's a Hades so boom he just resets the combo. There is no reason things like that should exist which is why he pointed it out to be fixed.
Just one of many examples

You have escape which gets you out of combos, things like this have happened to me before sometimes I've died others I have escaped. I honestly believe they shouldn't patch builds and combos because if someone made a build that works for them and they test out different combos and they get really good at it, you shouldn't punish them. Glitches I understand, but if someone plays the game and finds a combination that works, with the options being given to them, then you shouldn't them restrict from using it, it isn't fair. 

Message 14 of 16 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 9, 2013
To
Message 15 of 16 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5294 posts