Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: FOUR new MP maps summarized (plus maybe more)

Mar 1, 2013

come on, Santa Monica. when are you going to release this info on MP? it's 12 days 'til release. give it a little space to circulate first and not release it last-minute.

Message 41 of 75 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Mar 2, 2013
From twitter:

"Early-mid next week, we will finally reveal our 4th Multiplayer Mode, Poseidon/Hades, and perhaps some new maps, can you dig it?! #GodofWar" Smiley Very Happy
Message 42 of 75 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Mar 2, 2013
This is all very cool, and I hope it's true. Except I think one thing may be wrong. In the "Big Reveal" episode of "Unchained", I think it was, I spotted a guy using dual handed weapons that looked like the grabby chain things that everyone uses. It definitely wasn't Kratos' chain blade pick up. So I think it goes like this:
Zeus: Hammer
Ares: Sword
Poseidon: Spear
Hades: Dual hand

I'd be fine with either gauntlets or dual hand, ooh, I just thought, what if gauntlet IS dual hand and dual hand is gauntlet? Anyway, just my two cents.
Message 43 of 75 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Mar 3, 2013

CharlieisKewl wrote:
This is all very cool, and I hope it's true. Except I think one thing may be wrong. In the "Big Reveal" episode of "Unchained", I think it was, I spotted a guy using dual handed weapons that looked like the grabby chain things that everyone uses. It definitely wasn't Kratos' chain blade pick up. So I think it goes like this:
Zeus: Hammer
Ares: Sword
Poseidon: Spear
Hades: Dual hand

I'd be fine with either gauntlets or dual hand, ooh, I just thought, what if gauntlet IS dual hand and dual hand is gauntlet? Anyway, just my two cents.

nope. i'm 100% sure it's Zeus-Gauntlet, Hades-Hammer.

Message 44 of 75 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Mar 3, 2013
but hey, these are your starting weapons. last time i checked, zeus players can wield swords and hammers too.

maybe using their preferred weapons gets us some kind of advantage? but i've never really noticed any advantages of Ares-sword in the beta. oh well.
Message 45 of 75 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Mar 3, 2013
I think all starting weapons means is that when you're in the tutorial you start with their weapon. Ex: picking Ares in the tutorial and using his sword throughout it. Once you're out you can switch gods/ weapons etc. But in the beta when you do the tutorial and pick Zeus he gives you a hammer which is why I was skeptical. Then I thought it'd be Poseidon with the spear which is all but confirmed and Hades with the dual handed. You can check the "Big Reveal" video for yourself that's where I saw it. I'm gonna go watch it and double check.
Message 46 of 75 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Yeah, in the "Big Reveal" Unchained video at around the 5:50 mark they're fighting a troll, the guy on the back of the troll jumps off and he's using dual handed weapons.
Message 47 of 75 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Actually looking back at it I think they're both using dual hand.
Message 48 of 75 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Loving the diff weapons and really like the sound of Troy. If this is true thats awesome Smiley Very Happy
Message 49 of 75 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 3, 2013

and how many players take part in this siege tip game mode ?

Message 50 of 75 (187 Views)
0 Likes