Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Feature request: skip Brutal Death zoom-ins

Jan 22, 2013
@DaBest51

I believe another regular weapon will be the spear (courtesy of the pre-order bonus at Gamestop). So, it's almost certain that we will have at least a couple of more brutal kills. :smileyhappy:
Message 11 of 16 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 23, 2013

How could you say such a thing!?!?!?!? Never get rid of the brutal kills it's GOW'S trademark!!!!!!! 

Message 12 of 16 (112 Views)
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

I agree with making the zoom-in an option.  As cool as they look, I don't need to see them up close.  I'd much rather see who's standing just out of view, waiting to attack.  And yes, seeing as how they they give you an extra 25 points in FOTG, I would certainly say it's worth it from a strategic point of view.  Not to mention you're invincible for the entirity of the animation.  But I think that leads us to another problem...

I don't know about other players, but I encountered difficulty in determining when to strike someone after they performed a brutal kill.  It seems a little unclear of when they become vulnerable again.  As a  Zeus class player, I rely very much on charged magic attacks and usually try to throw them in the air with a charged L1+TRIANGLE but more often than not it wouldn't register and he would in turn get the drop on me.  Anyone else experience this?

I imagine the spear will provide more brutal kill animations but what about environmental brutal kills?  Just like Mortal Kombat has environmental Fatalities, I'm surprised SSA hasn't put in place a few here.  Maybe if a downed enemy is near Polyphemus you could perform a brutal kill that somehow interacts with him?  Or anytime you're near an edge you could find some sick nasty way to throw off a downed enemy besides the basic way of doing it now.  I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

Message 13 of 16 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Brutal Kills are my favourite, lets my enemy taste the ground, and I can see them do it! 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 14 of 16 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

I think Brutal kills for balance sake needs to have a downside, that downside currently is not being shown your surroundings. It should stay as is. The upside is currently it makes you invulnerable to damage and pulls you out of a potential losing surrounding ie, when out numbered...

Message 15 of 16 (91 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I think the brutal kill system as it is, is just fine there is no need to waste time on this at all while there are so many issues still remaining with the game.

Message 16 of 16 (78 Views)
0 Likes