Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
84 posts

Re: Final Beta Feedback (likely in vain)

Jan 21, 2013
This is a beta. Did you know that? It means they are testing their code over an online network. In one of their Unchained videos they said that the code works in theory, but when it is tested over an online network it can fall to pieces. That's not their fault, and this is their opportunity to identify all the issues you found. They have never done multiplayer before, and have only themselves to refer to if something goes wrong (explained in one of those Unchained videos). If you are going to give such a negative opinion, you should wait until the final game comes out
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Jan 21, 2013

If thats what you think, you don't know what the point of the Beta is. 

Beta means the game is in a certain stage of code development, where they believe the full functionality is present, and are trying to iron out the minor bugs here and there. Often times large flaws come to light during Beta, and it is important that the devs learn and know about such egregious errors. In this case, I would say this game is barely past Alpha, but perhaps they are planning a laundry list of fixes for release. 

Either way, the only way to learn about what they're doing wrong is by telling them, which I am doing. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 24 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

High latency in any online game is a problem. It essentially wrecks the gameplay, all Dev's know this. They'll have to improve the matchmaking.

No sense beating a dead horse here....I'm sure SMS are aware and intend to tweak their match-making parameters... Otherwise the MP portion won't last very long....

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 24 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

AdamMadman wrote:

Overall

I am devastated. A series that I was madly in love with, has been converted into a poorly executed MP mash-up. I am not mad that you created a MP game out of God of War, but it is quite evident you did this at the expense of the single player campaign. You will claim you did no such thing, but you have waited until 2 months prior to release to even remind the world that a SP game even exists, and with a trailer that shows nothing but a sizzle reel of boss fights that either look all kind of samey, or you can't even tell what is going on. 

"but it is quite evident you did this at the expense of the single player campaign."
Hun, this line right here was a direct attack to the SP which you haven't played yet. You can't know they sacrificed anything for the extra multiplayer experience because you haven't tested it.

"

You should also note that this post has nothing to do with the SP. None at all. Not even a little. I commented on my worries about the SP, but made no further judgements."

This is a clear judgement and it is in your own words, no substitutions or anything else.  I think you would like another poster on here . His name is GodModeGod.  Maybe you guys can hit it off with your dislike of the MP. He has tested the SP. Also i posted in length about many other of your comments in the first post and you focused on not bothering with anything but the comment about the lag/senerio. 

No where in the post have you answered if you actually tested anything but the MP, what level you are, how long you gave the game before coming to these conclusions. Hun you don't make sense....

"

Also, once again, I don't answer your questions because a) you wouldn't undersand the answer, and b) I already have answered your questions. The fact that you have overlooked this twice in a row now, demonstrates that you should just not comment any further, as you lack the basal level of communication to continue this discussion."

A) you won't answer my question and B) you've answered my questions twice.....

Extremely contradictory.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 24 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Sorry little kiddy, but nowhere did I say anything about the quality of the SP. Again, if you read the entire post, you'll see that I was referring to the fact that we are 2 months out, and nothing is known about the SP game. Disseminating MP information at the expense of SP information, is explicitally what I was referring to...

...but for the love of God, stop talking about the SP. This is not the place, and you are too unintelligible to carry on a discussion...clearly. 

"No where in the post have you answered if you actually tested anything but the MP, what level you are, how long you gave the game before coming to these conclusions. Hun you don't make sense...."

Please start reading the first paragraph of my first post, and then stop when you know how ridiculous you look to other people.

Also stop posting in general, you are offering nothing of value here, other than arguing like the middle schooler you are. I genuinely want SM to read and understand these serious issues that greatly affect a game series I love, and not have to sift through your drivel.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 24 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 21, 2013

AdamMadman wrote:

If thats what you think, you don't know what the point of the Beta is. 

Beta means the game is in a certain stage of code development, where they believe the full functionality is present, and are trying to iron out the minor bugs here and there. Often times large flaws come to light during Beta, and it is important that the devs learn and know about such egregious errors. In this case, I would say this game is barely past Alpha, but perhaps they are planning a laundry list of fixes for release. 

Either way, the only way to learn about what they're doing wrong is by telling them, which I am doing. 

Sure, you can tell them about any issues you have found - that's what they want to hear. But this is not the stage of development where you should describe SSM as a bunch of incompetent noobs. I'm sure they will come a long way from now until the release date, so please be patient..

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 24 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Jan 21, 2013

That is why I made sure to outline the exact issues in detail that I was having, instead of saying "LOL ur a noob", which I didn't even begin to say, which is why I'm wondering why you think I did... 

...please read my post.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 24 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 21, 2013

AdamMadman wrote:

That is why I made sure to outline the exact issues in detail that I was having, instead of saying "LOL ur a noob", which I didn't even begin to say, which is why I'm wondering why you think I did... 

...please read my post.

You have implied that they are incompetent many times, I didn't mean that you directly called them noobs. I'll just pick one of many examples that demonstrate this:

"Now, if I don't know the full list of fixes you're planning on implementing in the final game, but the above listed problems are amateur-at-best mistakes. And the fact that you're not even getting the easy stuff right, demonstrates you have no hope of getting the challenging things right." 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 24 (107 Views)
Splicer
92 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I imply that they are not demonstrating enough apititude to produce the results they are hoping for with MP (which is truth)...not that they are newbs. You cannot simply read whatever you want from indirect implications simply because I am pointing out serious flaws with your new favourite game developer, in the hope that they see you defending them and will respond to your comments and fulfill your life dream of interacting with a game developer.

In fact I have prefaced most of what I said with the exact opposite. Stop protecting them like a scared child. They can defend themselves if need be.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 24 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 21, 2013

1. get better internet

2. get goood

3. stop complaining about a game because you suck and don't understand the combat system 

4. hammer op 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 24 (77 Views)