First Son
3 posts

Re: Final Beta Feedback (likely in vain)

Jan 21, 2013
5. chill the **bleep** out and stop raging at everyone in the comments because you're to fat to leave your moms basement.
Message 21 of 24 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen, our first flame thread Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 24 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 21, 2013

AdamMadman wrote:

I imply that they are not demonstrating enough apititude to produce the results they are hoping for with MP (which is truth)...not that they are newbs. You cannot simply read whatever you want from indirect implications simply because I am pointing out serious flaws with your new favourite game developer, in the hope that they see you defending them and will respond to your comments and fulfill your life dream of interacting with a game developer.

In fact I have prefaced most of what I said with the exact opposite. Stop protecting them like a scared child. They can defend themselves if need be.

I'm not trying to defend them, and I don't care if they interact with me or not. I'm just expressing my opinion, which is something that people usually do in forums. I'm not one to argue, so I'm getting out of here before I lose any more IQ points.

Message 23 of 24 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

AdamMadman wrote:

Combat

Somehow, I die a lot. Like a lot, alot. Yet I can almost never score a kill. I have tried adjusting items, armour, relics, and weapons, but the result is always the same. I can either never begin a killing combo, or my combos are just not doing enough damage, or attacks that are hitting, aren't dealing the appropriate damage. Because I've been caught in really basic combos that, if they did not kill me, brought me close enough that I was in a red-icon stun state. But when I perform the same combos on any other player, I can not even bring them close to a stun state. Block is useful, but the parry command has a delay that makes it useless. I am not expecting buttery smooth combat in an online environment for a game like this. But if every single fighting game, even under some minor lag, can create fair and balanced hit confirms with appropriate hit priority and damage scaling in an online forum, then I expect no less from a simplistic action game like God of War. I feel like many of the combat problems may be rooted in the lag of the game, but it feels clunky, and after a while, caused me to hate it, and just stop playing entirely. 

I manage to get 10 kills or more with less than 5 kills a game most of the time.  In team, I can usually take on two players at once by taking advantage of the parry and dodging heavy attacks.  At the same time, I'm also aggressive in the objectives at hand, typically being the top player on my team.  In 4 player Free For All, it's not even fair for other players and many times I'm left with just a 1 on 1 because other players leave midway through.

No problems, here.

I suggest you experiment more with the different weapons and find the one that best suits you.  Always know where the health/magic pickups are and make sure you run to them as soon as you see them, even if you have full health.  I do that so the other players that to frustrate the players that I have damaged already.  Also, maybe what kind of speeds are you hitting with your internet?  This game is smooth as butter to me on 13mbps.

Message 24 of 24 (72 Views)
0 Likes