Jan 20 2013
By: d1v4d Fender Bender 4057 posts

Fire Traps

[ Edited ]
10 replies 271 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I was going to post this several days ago, but I wanted to see what else was wrong with them before doing so. Behold, I've found more problems.

Inconsistency: The damage done while on fire seems to fluctuate. Sometimes it'll take off 40%, 50%, 75% etc. Many people have already pointed this out, but is usually buried underneath other topics.

Controls: Why does my character move towards the enemy while I'm set on fire? It does not matter which direction you turn the analog, he will ALWAYS move towards an enemy, usually putting you even further into the Fire Trap.

Friendly Save: I think we should be able to pull a teammate out of the fire if they trigger one. Only friendlies NOT on fire should be able to do this. This can be done with "R1" (Grab) also. This can be done for Spike Traps as well?? Maybe some health/magic in return for saving a friendly (Suggested by "rachelnlucas"). Love her idea.

Visuals/Damage: The fire animation is SHORTER than the damage window for these traps. The fire will be gone, yet sometimes you will still be set on fire while walking over it. This is obviously not okay.

Thoughts?

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 1 of 11 (271 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Re: Fire Traps

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

@d1v4d I Am So Glad You Did This Thread My Friend !

I Completely Agree With The Friendly Save Suggestion !

I Would Be Saved Countless Times If This Magnificent Concept Was Implement In The Final MP !!!

@Just--Tank  Please Have This Friendly-Fire Grapple Save Mechanic ! I Am Sure A Majority Of GoW Fans Would Agree !

+1 Kudos Mate !

You Are On Fire ! But Not On Fire As In Your On A Fire Trap Fire !

I Would Of Used R1 If You Were Though To Save You My Son !  

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 2 of 11 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Friendly trap saves is an amazing idea!

Also could the inconsistency come from having different elemental resistance? Or is it within the same match? I haven't noticed anything.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 3 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Me and a couple buddies thought of it while we were hanging out. It would promote teamwork. It'd be neat if it granted 10 or so favor.

I've been wearing most of the sets, and I still notice inconsistency. I asked some friends and they've said that they have also noticed.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 4 of 11 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Love the save friendly idea. Instead of favor maybe grants some health or magic. Small amount so they don't spam this for that effect , just a nice little bonus for playing as a team. As for the burning after the trap animation is done , maybe this is because the skin is still on fire even when the trap is over.

The damage inconsistency might be due to some stats not listed on the armor or what they are wearing and have higher defense to. Is it just on your character or are you basing this on watching everyone? Might be more health ( per armor enhancement) or more defense overall due to level or armor.

Message 5 of 11 (208 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@d1v4d That Capture The Flag  Match Last Night Was Exciting ! .Lol

You Are The Best Warrior I Have Fought So Far !

I Look Forward To 3-12-13 When We Both Align To Lord Hades !

But It Did Take Like 30 Minutes To Start The Match .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 6 of 11 (202 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

I believe he is referring to how you can be still set on fire after the animation has died down, not that your character still writhes in pain if he starts burning just before the animation is almost over.

It looks safe, but usually isn't for a moment after the flames disappear.

Message 7 of 11 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 20, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

I believe he is referring to how you can be still set on fire after the animation has died down, not that your character still writhes in pain if he starts burning just before the animation is almost over.

It looks safe, but usually isn't for a moment after the flames disappear.

You are probably right about that . If so this might be due to the almighty issue of lag. I like having access to the game before I buy it and hopefully there is a few fixes in the lag area with this.

Message 8 of 11 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 21, 2013

sSpeaking of which, there's also something that is out of ordinary. The timing. lowering the lever triggered it, but it gave them some time to evade this trap. You should try lowering its activation time to 1,5s.

Message 9 of 11 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 21, 2013
@d1v4d

Lovely post sir! This needs to be fixed! I've experienced up to 75% health lost in one of these things. Lol! I particular like the pulling teammates to safety part!

+Kudos!
Message 10 of 11 (158 Views)
0 Likes