Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 27 2013
By: Admiral_Try_Hard Splicer 72 posts

First and last multiplayer god of war game.

[ Edited ]
65 replies 3059 views Edited Mar 27, 2013

Last night, I was playing with 3 other friends and we couldn't get a 4v4 match even though we were bringing in half the lobby... If it's two weeks in and the game is struggling to find player then clearly there is something wrong. I don't see the next god of war including a multiplayer aspect considering how much of a colossal failure this experiment was.

I don't understand why this game is missing key features that should be online multiplayer 101. Host migration, clan support, private lobbys, proper matchmaking. You guys really should have taken a day and thought, "well, call of duty seems to know what the f*** they're doing, what features do they offer?"

I would honestly be surprised if the next god of war game included multiplayer.

Message 1 of 66 (3,059 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: First and last multiplayer god of war game.

Mar 27, 2013

It's a shame too, I really was looking forward to a competitive multiplayer outside of the over done fps genre. You guys had the right idea, just the wrong implementation.

Message 2 of 66 (2,967 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Mar 27, 2013
There is an edit button, just saying.
Message 3 of 66 (1,764 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I don't play this game much anymore, only because I'm waiting for a patch. It's their first with the series, they're just seeing what works. Yes they did **bleep** up on quite a bit (which we TOLD them to fix during the Beta), but I'd give them another shot.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 4 of 66 (1,528 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Mar 27, 2013
If they can save the match making them there is hope for the multiplayer. If not then yeah, good luck seeing another one.

I'm just waiting for the release of the patch to reserve final judgement. I should probably get started on the single player.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 5 of 66 (943 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Yeap, I was waiting GOWA exclusively for MP, still never tried SP mode in it.
Message 6 of 66 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2049 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I'm having a blast with the multiplayer and hope to see more of it in the future.

Message 7 of 66 (402 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I agree with the guy above me. Sure it has bugs buts it fun as hell and I've never had to wait more then five minutes for a game. Only thing that really annoys me is the lack of host migrations
Message 8 of 66 (400 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I thought they did quite good on the multiplayer for the first time trying it. I would like to see multiplayer in future GoW games, but if they cant fix this one there would be no hope for another one. And plus, GoW was meant to be a single player game and cuz of multiplayer the singleplayer lacked stuff. I did love the single player though it was and still is enjoyable. But if they make another GoW game with multiplayer, first focus on single player and making that perfect b4 trying to make multiplayer perfect. Cuz it was SSM first time making multiplayer, and obviously cuz of this the game had so many bugs, I will give them some slack this time, but if it happens again I will be dissappointed and pretty mad. Even though I will still buy the game and still most likely enjoy it :smileyhappy:.

Message 9 of 66 (395 Views)
Survivor
2273 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I wish Capcom would make a Power Stone 3 with co-op battles and different modes.

This game really is nothing close to Power Stone other than characters having abilities and maybe fighting a boss monster. Power Stone 2 wasn't as good as the first to me though even with weapon and item crafting.

GOW:A needs a lot more stages as the bigger levels are really what's needed. There should have been 8 large stages and 4-6 smaller stages at the minimum.

Message 10 of 66 (388 Views)