Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: First and last multiplayer god of war game.

Mar 27, 2013
I was really **bleep** about the matchmaking times and glitches but then realized this is the first multiplayer title in an SP dominated series so it's definitely understandable.

Compared to games like Call of Duty and Battlefield having huge glitches 6 months into released.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 66 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

Honestly in my opinion, I think all the complainers out there need to stop whinning if you have a problem with the game then post about it and give the devs time to address issues as they come. This is their first MP game it wont be perfect right out of the box. 

Games like CoD and Halo have been out for many years they have had practice and know issues that will come up and ways to resolve it but this is not CoD or Halo. Thank god we finally have something out thats fun, competitve, and not an fps or arcade fighter. This MP may not be perfect but its a step in the right direction and I for one am willing to wait and see wat awesome changes come in the future and hopefully in future games. You guys need to start remembering that saying things like this game is a failure and OMG SMS IS RETARDED is your own opinion and need to state it as such. Its whiny little **bleep** like you that have made console gaming so one dimensional. When something new comes out and if  its not perfect or the way you want it you hit the forums or blogs and spew hate right off the bat with out giving it a chance or thinking about what may happen because of your actions. If this game is seen as a failure to the big gaming companys no one will try to make another one or improve off this one. Keep this up and all we will have in the world of gaming is Cod, Halo, Street fighter and the occasional rpg.

This is worst case scenario of course but it holds some truth. Remember back in the day of SNES and Sega? Games where fun, took forever to beat, had lots of replayablity, you could play with friends or siblings using 1 console, the consoles where made specifically for more then 1 person. Nowadays if you play with a friend at home it almost has to be a FPS and he may need to bring over his own console, games can be beatin in one 8hr  seating, and unless its a game with MP you may never play it again. 

In short, Whiners need to stop **bleep**, give constuctive  feedback and **bleep** relax the game will get better. One thing games have nowadays that they didn't before is the ability to be updated and have new content added.

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 66 (195 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Mar 27, 2013

^ This guy gets it. Yes it is frustrating and yes they should have waited to release if it wasn't as "fine polished" as having a good working matchmaking system.  But keep this up and we'll have a CoD/ Halo on our hands.  People please STOP trying to make EVERY game CoD.  

Match making should be better bottom line but seriously asking to see what other games have going for them shows no originality.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 66 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Mar 27, 2013
The funny thing is that CoD, Battlefield, and Halo still have really annoying glitches months after release.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 66 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Mar 27, 2013
CoD is a **bleep** game anyway
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 66 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Mar 27, 2013

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 66 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Oops.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 66 (129 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Mar 27, 2013

We need host migration. This rage quitting business is terrible. I`m liking the multiplayer, its fun and rewarding.

--------------------------------
Reapers of War

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 66 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1339 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Jessie117 wrote:

I thought they did quite good on the multiplayer for the first time trying it. I would like to see multiplayer in future GoW games, but if they cant fix this one there would be no hope for another one. And plus, GoW was meant to be a single player game and cuz of multiplayer the singleplayer lacked stuff. I did love the single player though it was and still is enjoyable. But if they make another GoW game with multiplayer, first focus on single player and making that perfect b4 trying to make multiplayer perfect. Cuz it was SSM first time making multiplayer, and obviously cuz of this the game had so many bugs, I will give them some slack this time, but if it happens again I will be dissappointed and pretty mad. Even though I will still buy the game and still most likely enjoy it :smileyhappy:.

One possible idea for the future is to consider making the SP and MP separate games so neither one impacts the other in terms of development. I realize there were 2 separate teams (one for the SP and one for the MP) working on this, yet there has to be a limited amount of resources available to incorporate both adequately on a single disc. I understand SSM reason for including MP into this entry since it's new and they want to see ppl actually try it (i.e. they know ppl will play the SP and may just give the MP a try while they're at it). I think the response toward the MP idea has been favorable (other than the bugs lol) enough so that they could consider a separate entry in the future. Just my thoughts.

I thought the SP campaign was good as well; perhaps not the best in the series but I still enjoyed it on its own merit as an individual game. MP is really fun and I hope SSM continues to support/tweak it into the future.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 66 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Look IMO this multiplayer is one of the best I've played this far, and for their first multiplayer in the series that's impressive, I know it has a lot of bugs to be fixed(and they said they're working on it.)but the MP is just fun as hell.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 66 (95 Views)
0 Likes