May 18 2013
By: A27Alak Splicer 54 posts

Friendly Fire

7 replies 172 views Edited May 18, 2013

What do you guys think of it?  Do you like that it sort of adds a sense of realism in which you need to be careful when you use the ballista?  Or maybe be careful when using flame/spike traps since it hinders the progress of your team?  Or do you think that friendly fire and team kills are just plain stupid and should be removed entirely from the game?

Message 1 of 8 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Re: Friendly Fire

May 18, 2013

I think traps are very inconsistent, and there is a big problem with misfires.  As for ballistas, the button correspondence needs some tweaking for exact button = area hits.

You're more likely to kill your teammate while the enemy is at the same place and takes no damage or just somehow doesn't get hit.

Message 2 of 8 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

May 18, 2013

I use the traps a lot. As far as I can tell they don't do damage to the team (like the flamethower, acid trap and spikes). It'll look like they're taking damage but their health remains untouched.  Now with the Ballista u definately have to watchout. Somehow this is the only trap u can kill ur own teammates. That trap needs to be fixed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

May 18, 2013
It should be one or the other.
Message 4 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

May 18, 2013

MrBigV404 wrote:

I use the traps a lot. As far as I can tell they don't do damage to the team (like the flamethower, acid trap and spikes). It'll look like they're taking damage but their health remains untouched.  Now with the Ballista u definately have to watchout. Somehow this is the only trap u can kill ur own teammates. That trap needs to be fixed.

Traps can trigger without being set, and you can also Suicide yourselt on a team preset trap or your own preset trap. You never know what is going to happen.

Message 5 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

May 18, 2013

I agree that the hit detection with traps is very... questionable at times.  I get team killed by ballistas a lot, even though I'm outside the glowing circle range (and I'm Poseidon for crying out loud).  When I clearly jump over a spike trap, my body gets impaled... but it's floating over a safe area rather than the spikes themselves.  Even though flame/spike traps don't kill friendlies, they're a huge hinderence to the team if they're trying to pursue someone.

Message 6 of 8 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

May 18, 2013

I strongly dislike friendly fire from the ballistas & think it should be patched to not have the ability to kill team mates - given that I have been intentionally killed by team mates just trying to get the altar points on Walls of Troy .... talk about poor sportsmanship.

Message 7 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

May 19, 2013

I actually came across this really weird glitch last night (twice actually).  Whenever a player on your team is having connection issues, he can actually damage your character with his attacks.  The first occasion happened when I was dueling this enemy player and it was a pretty close match-up.  My teammate comes by and starts swinging his sword to help me out.  While he managed to get the drop on the enemy, my character was also getting bounced and hurt by his attacks.  I actually had to fall back and let him do the fighting.  Then, he got disconnected with the message saying "Connecting... abandoned the fight" or something like that.

Message 8 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes