Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
474 posts

Re: Friendly kills DON'T punish?!

Jan 16, 2013

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

In all of my years of Videogames have i run into a few games that Punish YOu for killing a team member. I think God of War Ascension Online should Punish you for killing a team member.

Ok the punishment doesn't have to be to Harsh you know? Just -100 points? And lets say I'm on a Kill Streak ok and a team mate sets a spike trap (He doesn't HOLD R1, he just sets the trap off) And it kills me and I lose my Kill streak!? NO! I think the Kill streak should keep going and DO NOT add deaths to your score. If a team mate kills you.

What do you guys think?

I think the game should punish you for team kills and not punish the team member killed, I'm thankful it doesn't as of now... I've killed quite a few team member whist learning the game.  :robotembarrassed:

Message 61 of 139 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 16, 2013

JERRY-666 wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

In all of my years of Videogames have i run into a few games that Punish YOu for killing a team member. I think God of War Ascension Online should Punish you for killing a team member.

Ok the punishment doesn't have to be to Harsh you know? Just -100 points? And lets say I'm on a Kill Streak ok and a team mate sets a spike trap (He doesn't HOLD R1, he just sets the trap off) And it kills me and I lose my Kill streak!? NO! I think the Kill streak should keep going and DO NOT add deaths to your score. If a team mate kills you.

What do you guys think?

I think the game should punish you for team kills and not punish the team member killed, I'm thankful it doesn't as of now... I've killed quite a few team member whist learning the game.  :robotembarrassed:

How about no punishment. What if they get a warning? If you kill the same teammate twice, a warning will pop up implying that the teammate you keep killing may decide to kick you. If you kill the same teammate a third time, they have the option to kick you. Uncharted does this, it's pretty neat. :smileyhappy:

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 62 of 139 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1309 posts

Jan 16, 2013
@ d1v4d. Nice! i'd like that to

lawl.jpg

Message 63 of 139 (258 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 17, 2013

They had another post stating that you could help a team member from a stun/brutal kill scenario. This could lessen your respawn time or give you something on respawn and killing or inflicting damage on a team member should extend respawn time or take away your magic or give you a respawn with 3/4 life.

The thing that is bad about this that I can see right off the bat is , it is still your team mate and them not gaining points during this time hinders you.  Until they fix the host migration and not being able to join already started matches leaves you at a disadvantage if they get kicked for any reason. ( Although they kill you enough times accidental or not , that might not matter in the heat of the moment.)

Sometimes either the game or others lag so the trap setting since it takes a second or two sometimes maybe due to this or just as others have stated , learning the trap setting feature.

The idea of giving the power to kicking the player in the hands of the person being wrongly killed definitely has a nice ring to it and I'd definitely support that. But it would need to be at least 2 kills preferably 3 to forgive system glitches/lags  and well if you step in the trap after an opponent on your own.

Message 64 of 139 (248 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1309 posts

Jan 17, 2013
@Carrioner..No dude. the person who set off the trap makes it their falt for killing you, not yours for being on top of it without you knowing it was going to go off lol.

lawl.jpg

Message 65 of 139 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

They had another post stating that you could help a team member from a stun/brutal kill scenario. This could lessen your respawn time or give you something on respawn and killing or inflicting damage on a team member should extend respawn time or take away your magic or give you a respawn with 3/4 life.

The thing that is bad about this that I can see right off the bat is , it is still your team mate and them not gaining points during this time hinders you.  Until they fix the host migration and not being able to join already started matches leaves you at a disadvantage if they get kicked for any reason. ( Although they kill you enough times accidental or not , that might not matter in the heat of the moment.)

Sometimes either the game or others lag so the trap setting since it takes a second or two sometimes maybe due to this or just as others have stated , learning the trap setting feature.

The idea of giving the power to kicking the player in the hands of the person being wrongly killed definitely has a nice ring to it and I'd definitely support that. But it would need to be at least 2 kills preferably 3 to forgive system glitches/lags  and well if you step in the trap after an opponent on your own.

I see what you're saying, and I get why kicking/penalties can really harm the outcome of the current match.

Nontheless, I agree with you, Rachel.

I sorta wish there was a way to cancel your trap set-up; as I've messed up a few times. Is there? If there is, then I feel stupid. Thanks for the support on the suggestion though, I appreciate it.

Message 66 of 139 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 17, 2013

@d1v4d Maybe While Quickly Hitting R1 You Hit L1 To Immediately Cancel The Previous Un-Intentional Command ?

Don't Feel 'Stupid' For It, Every Great Warrior Starts Off As A Learner, Then Turns Into A Tactical War Expert ! .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 67 of 139 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 17, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@d1v4d Maybe While Quickly Hitting R1 You Hit L1 To Immediately Cancel The Previous Un-Intentional Command ?

Don't Feel 'Stupid' For It, Every Great Warrior Starts Off As A Learner, Then Turns Into A Tactical War Expert ! .Lol

As for you, I'll be seeing you on team Hades, right? :smileyhappy:

Message 68 of 139 (225 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 17, 2013

@d1v4d You Bet Your Arse I Will ! .Lol

The Warriors Of The Under-World Fear No Other Warriors !!!

For The Warriors Of Lord Hades, They Seek Any Formidable Foe That Stands In Their Mission Of Aquirement Of Souls !!!

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 69 of 139 (222 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 17, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@d1v4d You Bet Your Arse I Will ! .Lol

The Warriors Of The Under-World Fear No Other Warriors !!!

For The Warriors Of Lord Hades, They Seek Any Formidable Foe That Stands In Their Mission Of Aquirement Of Souls !!!

**bleep** right. :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

Message 70 of 139 (216 Views)
0 Likes