Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Friendly kills DON'T punish?!

Jan 19, 2013

We aren't talking about setting up a trap.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 81 of 139 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

How else could one get a friendly killed? The OP even mentions how traps may inadvertently lead to friendly fire.

I disagree that this should lead to detrimental effects, such as being kicked from a match or points being lost over such a trivial matter as incidental deaths to friendlies. For reasons I've explained in my previous post. Please read the entire thing first.

Message 82 of 139 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Yah I read it many times.

Message 83 of 139 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 19, 2013

@Eternal-CMO With Respect Sir, This Thread Was About Handling 'Accidental' Traps That Were Not 'Set' Up Completely By Your Fellow Teammates, That Resulted In 'Friendly' Kills Not Meant By Said Teammate .

But I Completely Agree With You On The Flag Emblem On Top Of The Set Trap To Warn Fellow Teammates That It Is 'Locked & Loaded' Then At That Point It Is Only That Warriors Fault And No One Elses If He Dies From A Properly Set Up Teammate Trap .

And Your Also Right About Having A 'Complete' Warrior Mode To Lay Out The Functions Of Every Button Mechanic .

But There Is No Right Or Wrong Way To Go About 'Handling' An Accidental Kill By A Fellow Teammate . 

Possibly Just Implementing A 'Training-Wheels' Mechanic Between Warrior Ranks 1 Thru 10 .

Even Still At The Extreme, Certain Players Just Want To See The World Burn .

Plain & Simple .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 84 of 139 (237 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 19, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@Eternal-CMO With Respect Sir, This Thread Was About Handling 'Accidental' Traps That Were Not 'Set' Up Completely By Your Fellow Teammates, That Resulted In 'Friendly' Kills Not Meant By Said Teammate .

But I Completely Agree With You On The Flag Emblem On Top Of The Set Trap To Warn Fellow Teammates That It Is 'Locked & Loaded' Then At That Point It Is Only That Warriors Fault And No One Elses If He Dies From A Properly Set Up Teammate Trap .

And Your Also Right About Having A 'Complete' Warrior Mode To Lay Out The Functions Of Every Button Mechanic .

But There Is No Right Or Wrong Way To Go About 'Handling' An Accidental Kill By A Fellow Teammate . 

Possibly Just Implementing A 'Training-Wheels' Mechanic Between Warrior Ranks 1 Thru 10 .

Even Still At The Extreme, Certain Players Just Want To See The World Burn .

Plain & Simple .

Amen.

Message 85 of 139 (233 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 19, 2013
It's probably been mentioned in this thread already, but I can't remember reading it. I'm with the kick method like in UC3 MP. Most of us have been guilty of hitting teammates with friendly fire and being hit by friendly fire. Sh*t happens.

In a recent match, I got probably 7 punctured kills but probably 2 friendly fires along with that. I use traps to protect my teammates and the altairs we capture. I've seen my weaken teammates be saved by a trap that I've set from an attacking enemy plenty of times and it comes in handy when there are multiple enemies trying to take an altair.

I've even had the misfortune of dying in one of my own traps while fighting an enemy. But a kick system could be implemented where on the 2nd kill and every kill after that the victim can decide to forgive or kick the guilty player.

I'm for taking away the kicked player's personal points, but not letting his points be taken away from the team. I think that would be fair.
Message 86 of 139 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 19, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
It's probably been mentioned in this thread already, but I can't remember reading it. I'm with the kick method like in UC3 MP. Most of us have been guilty of hitting teammates with friendly fire and being hit by friendly fire. Sh*t happens.

In a recent match, I got probably 7 punctured kills but probably 2 friendly fires along with that. I use traps to protect my teammates and the altairs we capture. I've seen my weaken teammates be saved by a trap that I've set from an attacking enemy plenty of times and it comes in handy when there are multiple enemies trying to take an altair.

I've even had the misfortune of dying in one of my own traps while fighting an enemy. But a kick system could be implemented where on the 2nd kill and every kill after that the victim can decide to forgive or kick the guilty player.

I'm for taking away the kicked player's personal points, but not letting his points be taken away from the team. I think that would be fair.

It has been mentioned a few times at length. Many are on-bored with this system. I'd prefer a 3 limit as you might be caught going after the enemy not knowing the trap as the whole screen isn't in view so you can't see the team's emblem , and in the heat of battle sometimes protecting that alter takes precedence and your animal instinct to kill  overrides logic that the trap "might" be set. We have those new players not realizing how to set the traps even though they see it done. ( It does take a little bit to figure out the hold R1 button rather than just spamming it) .

This should be in the tutorial as right off the bat a player will try to capture the alter and another will attempt to set the trap.   1 more would forgive the accidental nature and if you went in of your own accord. Some players will NOT like a death no matter if they are partially at fault. This thread was more along the lines of them pulling the lever and not "setting" the trap and either no enemy is there or many of their teammates are in there.  If you have more than one teammate and only 1 enemy in the trap it is not good teamwork to damage or possibly kill 2 teammates for only 1 opponent.

Message 87 of 139 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 19, 2013
@rachelnlucas

That happens too much to be honest and I agree. There should be some type of tutorial explaining how to set traps. Usually when I play Team Favor, I go and set the trap to begin the match because it is the instinct of most players to go and capture the altair first. So, while they're capturing the altair, I figure I'd give them a little of protection against incoming enemies.

But, this just pulling the lever stuff has to be remedied.
Message 88 of 139 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 19, 2013

@DaJizzle How About Instead Of The 3 'Friendly'  Kick System, There Is Instead A Record On Every Warrior And Their Accidental Friendly Kills ?

This Would Be A Way For Every1 To Know If A Specific Warrior On Their Team Is A 'Regular' Friend Killer .

If Their Friendly Kill Statistic Is To High Then That Warrior Would Take 1.5 As Long To Rank Up Than Warriors That Play Nice ? .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 89 of 139 (196 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1309 posts

Jan 19, 2013
OK i see some of you don't like the kicking or loss of points when you get a friendly kill....Lets say you get killed by a friendly and you get a death and lose your kill streak, do you guys think that you should or should not get a death when a friendly kills you?

lawl.jpg

Message 90 of 139 (191 Views)
0 Likes