Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1309 posts

Re: Friendly kills DON'T punish?!

Jan 21, 2013
Well if this doesn't happen guys, i would ATLEAST love to NOT have my Kill Streak taken away. or even add a Death to your score.

lawl.jpg

Message 111 of 139 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 22, 2013

@metlgearsolid200 If Anything My Friend, SSM Will Put A God of War Type 'Punishment' For Instances As Those .

The Final MP Will Be Polished To A Functioining Mechanic Of 'Give & Take' 

I Would Wager My 53 Olympus Tokens On It ! : )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 112 of 139 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 22, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@metlgearsolid200 If Anything My Friend, SSM Will Put A God of War Type 'Punishment' For Instances As Those .

The Final MP Will Be Polished To A Functioining Mechanic Of 'Give & Take' 

I Would Wager My 53 Olympus Tokens On It ! : )

Let's hope they are polishing quite a bit. Lots of work to be done!

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 113 of 139 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 22, 2013

@div4d I Hope They SSM Polish It To The Point Of Blindness .

So We Would Play With Out Sunglasses On ! .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 114 of 139 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Jan 22, 2013

so far i don't care, i like sacraficing teamates, lol

Tsukihime

PhotobucketMy Ps3 died Friday, May 30, 2008.

Sony has now taken the life of three ps3's in the household...Failure rate = 90%. The 4th probably doesn't have much time left. Poor thing has a maximum of no more than 2-3 months to live
Message 115 of 139 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 22, 2013

i think if a teammate sets a trap on you there better be a freaking enemy or they should lose points , maybe xp, i dont know just somethin.

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1309 posts

Jan 22, 2013
oh now that is a good point there @blakzakattack, if you kill a friendly AND a foe at the same time there should be no punish i gues. BUT if you do kill a friendly and JUST a friendly and if it happens 3-5 times then you're out or have points for that mach reset

lawl.jpg

Message 117 of 139 (119 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

I know for myself I'm a trap setting fool,but I do it because it slows down the other team so I can get to where they are and kill them. Im guessing that your only talking about the people that set traps off right as you get on them or the ones that dont know how to set team traps and end up burning or spiking just you, but as a person that sets traps there should be no penalty for team mates that die in team traps I've seen it happen alot to me and others. So how would you handle that? It might have been already stated in this thread but its getting kind of long and sometimes off topic.

signature.jpg

Message 118 of 139 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 22, 2013

danstheman2k wrote:

I know for myself I'm a trap setting fool,but I do it because it slows down the other team so I can get to where they are and kill them. Im guessing that your only talking about the people that set traps off right as you get on them or the ones that dont know how to set team traps and end up burning or spiking just you, but as a person that sets traps there should be no penalty for team mates that die in team traps I've seen it happen alot to me and others. So how would you handle that? It might have been already stated in this thread but its getting kind of long and sometimes of topic.

DaJizzle wrote: It's probably been mentioned in this thread already, but I can't remember reading it. I'm with the kick method like in UC3 MP. Most of us have been guilty of hitting teammates with friendly fire and being hit by friendly fire. Sh*t happens.
In a recent match, I got probably 7 punctured kills but probably 2 friendly fires along with that. I use traps to protect my teammates and the altairs we capture. I've seen my weaken teammates be saved by a trap that I've set from an attacking enemy plenty of times and it comes in handy when there are multiple enemies trying to take an altair.
I've even had the misfortune of dying in one of my own traps while fighting an enemy. But a kick system could be implemented where on the 2nd kill and every kill after that the victim can decide to forgive or kick the guilty player.
I'm for taking away the kicked player's personal points, but not letting his points be taken away from the team. I think that would be fair.

It has been mentioned a few times at length. Many are on-bored with this system. I'd prefer a 3 limit as you might be caught going after the enemy not knowing the trap as the whole screen isn't in view so you can't see the team's emblem , and in the heat of battle sometimes protecting that alter takes precedence and your animal instinct to kill  overrides logic that the trap "might" be set. We have those new players not realizing how to set the traps even though they see it done. ( It does take a little bit to figure out the hold R1 button rather than just spamming it) .

This should be in the tutorial as right off the bat a player will try to capture the alter and another will attempt to set the trap.   1 more would forgive the accidental nature and if you went in of your own accord. Some players will NOT like a death no matter if they are partially at fault. This thread was more along the lines of them pulling the lever and not "setting" the trap and either no enemy is there or many of their teammates are in there.  If you have more than one teammate and only 1 enemy in the trap it is not good teamwork to damage or possibly kill 2 teammates for only 1 opponent.

This was posted a couple of pages back. This takes care of most of the issues by letting players know the mechanics of the match and not just the battle system s0 " i didn't know " gets taken care of and some of the accidents and if you do have the 2 enemy for 1 teammate combo you can still do it a few times and you'd be okay. Gives the problem and a couple of solutions that wouldn't interfear with each other.

Message 119 of 139 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 22, 2013
the traps just need to be fix, sometimes your the one who pull the lever and die but its not a suicide the enemy got a free kill....
Message 120 of 139 (94 Views)
0 Likes