Highlighted
Dec 20 2012
By: nabillionaire00 First Son 11 posts

Game Mode Idea Thread

9 replies 514 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

Hey Everyone, as a BIG multiplayer fan its always nice to have multiple different game modes to play so you don't get bored as easily. So I made this thread for everyone to share any game mode ideas. Just simply state the game mode, how to play it, how to win, the score, if there is any teams, and if there is anything special or uniquely different from all the other game modes.

One idea I have is something that everyone is familiar with. Capture the flag!!! But instead of a flag it would be the idol of a God and there would be a slight 5 second delay in respawn and once you respawn you get 5 seconds of invulnerability to keep those spawn trappers at bay. A kill would be 25 favor and a capure would be 100 favor. It would be a 500 point game and of course there would be a 10 minute time limit so that the game isn't dragged on and the opposing team doesn't just completely decimate the others with just kills. Each capture of the idol would also grant life, mana, and a special weapon or magic to the player who captured as a reward. 

That's just one idea for a game mode for God of War: Ascension. Hope you guys have ideas too and post them on THIS thread! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10 (514 Views)
Wastelander
787 posts

Re: Game Mode Idea Thread

Dec 20, 2012

I really enjoyed your game Smiley Happy I would play it!

I have always enjoyed elimination, so I would love to see a 4v4, 6v6 or 8v8 elimination on any map Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 20, 2012
The grayed-out mode selection says "Capture the flag" so it's already in.
Message 3 of 10 (506 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 20, 2012

ninja turtle style side scroller... beat them up ...co op Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 10 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I like your version of CTF.

I know you want ideas posted in this thread but my idea is already somewhat fleshed out so I'll refer you to this thread that people probably aren't reading, now that it's on the 2nd page lol

Message 5 of 10 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Elimination: 

On a multitude of maps.  Just like Favor of the gods where there's only chests, fountains, and world weapons.  The objective is simple: You only have one life and your goal is to kill the enemy team.

At the end, when it's down to 1 person per team, the god of their choice (who they are aligned with) throws down a weapon to help (such as shield/sword, spear, etc)  and cannot be picked up by the enemy team. 

Team death match: 

Players will fight on a team to kil the other players.  Much like FFA but with teams.  I think a mode like this would be nice for people who don't want to lose a match to people who run around and get chests or points, but rather be able to test your fighting skills against other players. 

Message 6 of 10 (495 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I'd like a crossover of CTF and FOTG. Typical rules of Favor, just set the winning score higher, and throw a flag (or any substitute, that you would have to capture) into the game. Whoever holds the flag for a set amount of time or returns it to their altar/base earns a set amount of favor. can be played with teams or no teams.

Message 7 of 10 (489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Or King of the Hill. Of course with a different name to fit the greek mythological setting. I think it would be especially fun in teams. one team is defending one altar or base or anything of that concept, while the other tries to kill the team and take over. Players who die should respawn somewhere away from the "hill" to create a sense of urgency to get back and help your team defend it before it is lost.. maybe change/add a few details but i think it'd be fun.

Message 8 of 10 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55032 posts

Dec 20, 2012

nabillionaire00 wrote:

Hey Everyone, as a BIG multiplayer fan its always nice to have multiple different game modes to play so you don't get bored as easily. So I made this thread for everyone to share any game mode ideas. Just simply state the game mode, how to play it, how to win, the score, if there is any teams, and if there is anything special or uniquely different from all the other game modes.

One idea I have is something that everyone is familiar with. Capture the flag!!! But instead of a flag it would be the idol of a God and there would be a slight 5 second delay in respawn and once you respawn you get 5 seconds of invulnerability to keep those spawn trappers at bay. A kill would be 25 favor and a capure would be 100 favor. It would be a 500 point game and of course there would be a 10 minute time limit so that the game isn't dragged on and the opposing team doesn't just completely decimate the others with just kills. Each capture of the idol would also grant life, mana, and a special weapon or magic to the player who captured as a reward. 

That's just one idea for a game mode for God of War: Ascension. Hope you guys have ideas too and post them on THIS thread! Thanks! Smiley Happy

I would play a mode like this for sure.

Message 9 of 10 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Remember the mission in God Of War where you had to protect the priest while he charged up his spell. What if each team had their own respective priest that had to chant to charge up a spell ment to destroy the opposing team. Whenever the priest took damage he would get interrupted from chanting and takes a few seconds to begin again. As the chanting increases the level becomes gradually more and more unstable, making it more difficult to defend your priest.

Or even a more sick and twisted version, theres only one priest that starts off as neutral, and you have to grab him and drag him to your side first in order for him to chant. 

Message 10 of 10 (465 Views)
0 Likes