Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 08 2013
By: DJMadCow Uncharted Territory 1342 posts

Gamespot calling GoWA MP a "bust"?!?!?!

[ Edited ]
24 replies 429 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

I have been avoiding all initial reviews for the game since I want to preserve some surprise until I actually play the game next wk. In the past, I've come across reviews that actually contained story spoilers which kinda ruins it IMO, hence the reason I'll continue to evade them for now.

Anyway, I stumbled across the initial headline for Gamespot's review which featured the one liner, "The multiplayer's a bust, but God of War Ascension's campaign is a gloriously bloody adventure filled with exhilarating combat." I didn't read any further to avoid any potential spoilers, but noted numerically they scored the game an 8.0

Now I figured the campaign would be fine since after all, this is a GoW game. What really surprised me was them calling the MP a "bust." I participated in the Beta back in Dec and thought that the MP was pretty fun; it took a little getting used to but once you figured stuff out it became addictive. But for the reviewer to call it a "bust"... really?

Also a bit surprised at the overall score too. I figured the game would get at least an 8.5 (if not higher). Gamespot has been throwing a lot of scores in the 8's for fairly recent games so maybe this is a contunuing trend (DMC 8.0, MGS Revengeance 8.5, Tomb Raider 8.5). The last game getting at least 9.0 from them recently I believe was Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

In the end, I guess what really matters is what we each individually think of the game and to each their own I suppose (i.e. everyones' tastes are different). Will wait to form an opinion once I've played it next wk, but gotta feeling I will enjoy both SP and MP.

Sorry for the long post. Thought I'd share... and perhaps vent a little lol :smileytongue:

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 1 of 25 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Gamespot calling GoWA MP a "bust"?!?!?!

Mar 8, 2013

I agee with you....alot of the scoring is biased b/c they compare GOW:A to GOWIII and it is not the same. And until GOW:A I never have been interested in MP, so all I can say bro is F--k EM,lol

BLKPRNC
Message 2 of 25 (422 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 8, 2013
Message 3 of 25 (411 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Mar 8, 2013
you guys need to do more thinking for your **bleep** self lest having all this games sides tell you what is what or you guys lost your brains i mean for god sake you guys never here of what i like dont have to be like by everyone same go for what they dont like i play the demo mp and single player and i can say this the game kick freaking asss hell yea best **bleep** god of war game i have play then again i'm new to the game Ip i got my ps3 Oct 21 2012 so i'm real new to that Ip but what i know is this the game have all being a blast so i was not Expecting GoWa to be nothing lest then a freaking beast and it is
have a nices story for what i can tell and i will keep thinking it why cuz is freaking santa monica we talking about and second have freaking online play for god sake freaking MP play thos of us who play the MP know what we talking about freaking fun all the way around i was on the demo mp demo hard none stop thes how fun it was and some of the problems i had whit it like everyone and there mom being white where fix THIS IS A GAME THE IS MEAN TO BE BEAST NOTHING LEST star thinking for your **bleep** self and stop leting gamesides tell you what is fun and what is not base on what they think fun is for them self just like the samepeople say Aliens colonial marines was the best game they play yet we all went out buy it like **bleep** and now we know for a faq the Aliens colinial marines suck **bleep** i did not buy it cuz i dont go by what gamessides say i go by what i play if i play it and it was fun it is fun if is not is not
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 4 of 25 (409 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Mar 8, 2013
^ :smileywink:
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 25 (402 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Galibis wrote:
you guys need to do more thinking for your **bleep** self lest having all this games sides tell you what is what or you guys lost your brains i mean for god sake you guys never here of what i like dont have to be like by everyone same go for what they dont like i play the demo mp and single player and i can say this the game kick freaking asss hell yea best **bleep** god of war game i have play then again i'm new to the game Ip i got my ps3 Oct 21 2012 so i'm real new to that Ip but what i know is this the game have all being a blast so i was not Expecting GoWa to be nothing lest then a freaking beast and it is
have a nices story for what i can tell and i will keep thinking it why cuz is freaking santa monica we talking about and second have freaking online play for god sake freaking MP play thos of us who play the MP know what we talking about freaking fun all the way around i was on the demo mp demo hard none stop thes how fun it was and some of the problems i had whit it like everyone and there mom being white where fix THIS IS A GAME THE IS MEAN TO BE BEAST NOTHING LEST star thinking for your **bleep** self and stop leting gamesides tell you what is fun and what is not base on what they think fun is for them self just like the samepeople say Aliens colonial marines was the best game they play yet we all went out buy it like **bleep** and now we know for a faq the Aliens colinial marines suck **bleep** i did not buy it cuz i dont go by what gamessides say i go by what i play if i play it and it was fun it is fun if is not is not

Wow, not one period.  Not one.

Message 6 of 25 (399 Views)
Wastelander
785 posts

Mar 8, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

Galibis wrote:

Wow, not one period.  Not one.

Periods are for girls ^

Message 7 of 25 (390 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

@VanillaBeast

Didn't you know? It was all one sentence. **bleep** clauses.

Edit: removed profanity

U--J

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 8 of 25 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Mar 8, 2013

ALl over the internet I am reading the same thing for this game..."It does everything better than GoW3 but I shall score it lower."

I just don't get it...have we gone that far into the "you must be a shooter or I will not give you a 9" era? I thought shooters were FINALLY dying and people were craving different experiences?

I guess I'll have to reserve judgement until I play the final game but I am bafflled at how the multiplayer is criticizes with the reasoning behind it generally being "I couldn't just pick it up and own." I swear, reviewers nowadays have lost the ESSENCE of what it means to be a gamer. David Jaffe would have my **bleep** for saying this but I think he'd agree...if a game is good, even if it's not your flavor, give it credit for being good. I just don't understand how every review seems to say the same thing, their only REAL gripe outside of "I can't grasp the concept" is that the story is lacking.

I don't get advance copies yet so my review will be up next Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess I'll see for myself why it is only classified as "good" and not "great" on these websites. But I gotta fleeing my review will be glowing. I'll be objective but I find it hard to believe that this game won't be a 9 based on what I've played so far.

Adam Sessler actually disappointed the hell out of me. Normally I respect what he has to say but he got stuck on a part near the end of the game and basically slammmed it for that, issuing it a 3 out of 5, also claiming the multiplyer felt tacked on...yet even in the beta I felt the depth once the ball got rolling. It took some learning but once you grasp the mechanics, it's a TON of fun, single player included.

SHould I be happy that this game is reviewing at a 80% average? I can't be. Am I biased because I am a fan of the series? I try to be objective and what I've seen so far has amazed me, especially the evolution of the combat system. Am I wrong for thinking this game is getting critically screwed by tunnel vision reviewers? I'm sure their response to this would be "well I review games all the time" which only tells me they are rushing to get their reviews out there and not really paying attention to their **bleep** jobs.

/vent

Message 9 of 25 (377 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 8, 2013

To be perfectly honest with everyone i would trust gamespot as far as they could throw me .....they fired Jeff Gertsmann shortly after his review on kayne and lynch which he gave a 6/10 .........it just so happened at the time gamespot was being given advertising money by edios......the publishers of kayne and lynch.......the very same kayne and lynch that was stuck on pretty much every page of gamespot...... its just BS.......

Message 10 of 25 (344 Views)
0 Likes