Aug 13 2013
By: SovereignSky Uncharted Territory 1499 posts

Gauntlet Spotlight #1 info

9 replies 406 views Edited Aug 13, 2013

In case no one has bothered to check the blog, the Gauntlet Spotlight #1 is up there, but I'll put some stuff here.

Ares Gauntlets:  Burned of their flesh in the fires of war, these skull-tipped Gauntlets will pound an enemy into submission. 

The Gauntlets of Ares will turn his Warriors into massive block-breakers able to deal out intense jabs right up against the face of their foes. Be a brawler, get close with these! Their attacks have the potential for high damage output, but be cautious - long combos will not be a practical approach to using these heavy-hitters. You'll want to "stick and move, stick and move". These Gauntlets will be very advantageous against Zeus players who require a longer recharge time to hit with a powerful attack, while the Gauntlet of Ares hit swift and quick. If you want to be a jab jab jab bang bang boxing fighting machine, these are your best friends.

Ares Gauntlets.jpg

Gladiator Gauntlets: Leather wrapped fists of steel, these Gauntlets have brought many in the ring to their knees. 

The Gladiator Gauntlets are excellent for counter attacks and evading while dishing out quick jabs to opponents. They come equipped with both an auto-parry and auto counterattack that’ll leave Ares and Poseidon Warriors wondering how they ever got hit. Imagine your opponents are a speed bag, and you're a "Gladiator Ninja". While their Physical strength might not be as high as the Gauntlets of Ares, their advantage comes in their ability to evade and punch. In other words - float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Glad gauntlets.jpg

Poseidon Gauntlets: Triton tipped behind the poisonous shell of a pelagic Nautilus, these Gauntlets will punish enemies for their insolence. 

The Gauntlets of Poseidon are at their best when attacking from a distance. You'll keep your enemies at bay while dealing out effective magic damage - hot burning pluto blue laser beams. These Gauntlets can also bust through any defensive shields other Allegiances have from afar without dealing damage to Poseidon Warriors. The Gauntlets of Poseidon will be most effective against Ares players who rely on attacking their opponents up close and personal, while Poseidon players can wage war from afar. Runners beware, Poseidon’s attacks will catch you like a fly in a web.

Poseidon gauntlets.jpg

So Poseidon Specials are long-range, I'm eagerly looking forward to see what combo can be created with them meanwhile Gladiator has auto-parry/counterattack, eager to see how this mechanic plays.....

Full blog here: http://godofwar.playstation.com/en-us/blog/gauntlets-spotlight-1-meet-your-maker/

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 1 of 10 (406 Views)
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Re: Gauntlet Spotlight #1 info

Aug 13, 2013

cool

Message 2 of 10 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Aug 13, 2013

Auto-parry. AUTO-PARRY.

AUTO-PARRY?!

Gladiator weapons always are the best despite its designed for rookies. Heh?

Message 3 of 10 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Aug 13, 2013
Good! I m curious to see all these gauntlets ingame Smiley Very Happy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 4 of 10 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Aug 13, 2013

I am betting the auto parry is the l1 triangle with the gladiator gauntlets and probably doesnt last very long / indicator to show your opponent you have auto parry on.. the other could be l1 square-- if these are both of it's specials I think it is kinda cool.. if not-- then thats kinda wierd!.. can't wait to try it anyhow

Message 5 of 10 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Aug 13, 2013
Why just an Ares video...
Message 6 of 10 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Aug 13, 2013

Hercules kinda has it.  But it's more of a pushblock i suppose.

Message 7 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Aug 14, 2013

CpT-KARNAGE5 wrote:

It's part of the "Badass Moments" series. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Aug 14, 2013

gypsy816 wrote:

CpT-KARNAGE5 wrote:

It's part of the "Badass Moments" series. Smiley Happy

yes gypsy but why not have a single combo vid for all gauntets? i mean its only 6 4-5 min vid nothing extremely difficult

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 9 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Just wait till tomorrow.

Message 10 of 10 (224 Views)
0 Likes