May 18 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2330 posts

Get online and record.

[ Edited ]
12 replies 177 views Edited May 18, 2013

See if you can play with the devs, though don't expect any glitches to occur on their end.

DEV_07 just Peter Pan'ed on Walls of Troy and didn't say a word except to say "I believe I can fly." >.>

Message 1 of 13 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: Get online and record.

May 18, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

See if you can play with the devs, though don't expect any glitches to occur on their end.

DEV_07 just Peter Pan'ed on Walls of Troy and didn't say a word except to say "I believe I can fly." >.>

I quite enjoyed that gameplay.  It was lagging, superman glitch was there (or Peter Pan if you prefer) - just all around sloppy and Dev7 got crushed by that, in addition to playing naked of course.

Then again, seemed more like he chalked it up to a bad team rather than noticing what was actually going on.  I see a few of those people regularly though and they are pretty bad.  Still, that wasn't the underlying issue.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 2 of 13 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

May 18, 2013

I wasn't in the chat but someone I helped from Starhawk was in there. Apparently I'm the Troll God of the game someone said.

I saw the Peter Pan and just shook my head. I think as a developer you become blind to the problems because you play the game so much you become desensitized about what is going on. I also heard him blame his team. It's a shame he wasn't on with a stack of level 1's. I would have loved to see that.

Not a single issue was brought up during the feed either and I was told that people were asking about fixes. Everything was ignored outside of basic game additions and joke questions.

Message 3 of 13 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 18, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

I wasn't in the chat but someone I helped from Starhawk was in there. Apparently I'm the Troll God of the game someone said.

I saw the Peter Pan and just shook my head. I think as a developer you become blind to the problems because you play the game so much you become desensitized about what is going on. I also heard him blame his team. It's a shame he wasn't on with a stack of level 1's. I would have loved to see that.

Not a single issue was brought up during the feed either and I was told that people were asking about fixes. Everything was ignored outside of basic game additions and joke questions.

I had the chat off as well.  I don't need to see the same ten idiots asking what Dev 7 had for breakfast.  Wasn't funny the first time, boys.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 4 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

May 18, 2013

Not only am I a Troll God of the game, but now apparently I'm also the biggest scrub on the forums. Funny how an obvious alternate name just shows up on the forum and the one single post under their name is to try and insult me.

Yeah, no.

If the devs have given up on trying to improve the problems then I'm done bringing them to their attention.

Message 5 of 13 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 18, 2013

Why do they call u the troll god? Now many ppl think u are a complainer, but I mainly just see you just reporting bugs most of the times. As I say, if u see something that seems like a bug report it.

Message 6 of 13 (98 Views)
Survivor
2330 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Jessie117 wrote:

Why do they call u the troll god? Now many ppl think u are a complainer, but I mainly just see you just reporting bugs most of the times. As I say, if u see something that seems like a bug report it.

Someone that I use to play Starhawk with was in the chat and he saw someone called me the Troll God of the game so he told me about it. A troll is someone that basically baits people into a negative reaction and likes to antagonize. I am nothing of the sort.

People who basically have nothing to add to the conversation outside of a useless opinion. Scrub is more widely used in the fighting game community, and it's just another buzz word just like troll.

(Why does this forum always lump text together? It's annoying.)

Message 7 of 13 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

May 18, 2013

Did the devs even give a reason as to why they chose not to discuss gameplay issues?  Maybe they were working on a new patch and didn't want to ruin the surprise.  Maybe they don't want to fix them and chose not to tell us upfront.  Maybe they don't consider these to be problems at all.  It could even be that they don't have the answers to our questions.  It'd make more sense to us if they were a little more vocal the complaints of this game, but for now we'll just keep on speculating.

Message 8 of 13 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 18, 2013

@Silver- oh I see, seems like these ppl are the troll gods and scrubs lol

@A27- Im pretty sure they are trying to patch things up and with the peter pan bug, I think its quite more complicated bug to fix, as they probably thought they fixed it last patch but turned out it didnt work. The Devs are probably know completely about it but try avoiding speaking of it, until they actually find away to fix it. But idk

Message 9 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

May 18, 2013

They seem unphased to me. Flying across the screen happened the same exact way to me from the center of Walls of Troy when I went to grapple someone just as it happened to GOWDEV_07.

He didn't even mention it, and obviously if this is happening during a live stream a lot of people are going to see it happening (as if it wasn't happening since launch).

I don't know if it's saving face, but there is a vast amount of issues occurring in the game and it's no easy amount of work to correct them. If they don't know how to correct them things will only get worse as more code is added.

Message 10 of 13 (86 Views)
0 Likes