Dec 22 2012
By: mixedkidbx Keyblade Wielder 9521 posts

GoW: A Mutiplayer DLC only?

8 replies 151 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

Have you guys just thought about selling access just to the Muptiplayer part of GoWA itself?  I bought this up in a killzone beta many years ago.   Some i just feel certain games might have more appeal to them if the had a seperate part that you could just get the MP experiecne without buy the whole game.

Just a thought.  

Message 1 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10158 posts

Re: GoW: A Mutiplayer DLC only?

Dec 22, 2012
killzone MP had a pretty good idea, give them a few levels to try out for free and if you wanted the full game, you'd have to pay for it.
Message 2 of 9 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9521 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
killzone MP had a pretty good idea, give them a few levels to try out for free and if you wanted the full game, you'd have to pay for it.

In that case and this case i would be talking more about just selling the MP itself (aside from the game) that way ppl who just want to have fun on the MP side could just buy that part of the game.

Like 10$ or something just to purchase the MP part

Message 3 of 9 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10158 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Yeah, it's a good idea, but they didn't do that with Uncharted (one of their best MP games) so Idk.
Message 4 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9521 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Yeah, it's a good idea, but they didn't do that with Uncharted (one of their best MP games) so Idk.

Well as we all know in this current gen all it takes is one DEV to go out on a limb and try something new, and then next thing you know its being done by all of them in the game industry.  EX: day 1 DLC, locking DLC on the disc to be bought and unlocked at another time, charging micro fees to get some new weapons/armor/items, and so on.

Message 5 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I'm not sure about you, but I'd want the best of both worlds. I LOVE the God of War story modes and after playing the beta I'm falling in love with its multiplayer (And people said this was going to mess up the God of War game.....HA!) Anyways if they are JUST selling the multiplayer I'm sure it's going to be a downloadable in the PS store that you keep on your PS3, not a disc you buy. So then for the people who actually buy the game disc wouldn't they get extra stuff/free stuff since they paid the full 60 or more for the game and yet people who downloaded the multiplayer part only paid 10 for it? It would only seem fair economically.

Message 6 of 9 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10158 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

No, I wouldn't want that and I'm planning on paying $80 for the game.

I mean, I wouldn't disagree to having a few MP perks/weapons/armor or w/e in MP after beating so much of SP or w/e but giving more to people who paid $60 I disagree with.

I'm sure with a game like this though, story DLC will be impossible.  Too linear. 

Message 7 of 9 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9521 posts

Dec 22, 2012

im not sure if im explaining what im talking about good enough.  oh well.  was just a thought.

Message 8 of 9 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10158 posts

Dec 22, 2012
yeah sorry about my last response when I clicked this thread it made it look like the other guy was the OP...I hate that.

Anyway, it IS a good idea but I'm not sure if they'll implement it.
Message 9 of 9 (110 Views)
0 Likes