Highlighted
Apr 03 2013
By: AJB2037 First Son 4 posts

God-Specific Brutal Kills

27 replies 310 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

What do you think about Brutal Kills which are God specific and can be chosen based on a quick time event choice?

Picture this:  When you grapple for a brutal kill, you are given a split-second option to press either triangle, square, X, or circle, each one being specific to a type of brutal kill (with a maximum of 4 being God-specific).  Not clicking one will lead to a randomized brutal kill like the ones we currently have (splitting someones body in half, cutting off their legs and decapitating them, etc.).  The QTE choice can be god-specific. 

For example:  Pressing Circle for the following Gods would lead to the following brutal kills

Ares:  punch a hole in their chest and light them on fire

Poseidon:  freeze the enemy and smash them to pieces w/ your weapon

Zeus:  call lightning down and scorch the enemy

Hades:  call a hand from hell to grab them and pull them into the floor

Just a thought.

Message 1 of 28 (310 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Re: God-Specific Brutal Kills

Apr 3, 2013
God-specific Brutal Kills could be cool, just throw them in there with the random ones though. No need for the whole quicktime deal.
Message 2 of 28 (305 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Apr 3, 2013
That sounds amazing
Message 3 of 28 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I'm curious as to whether or not the developers had ever thought of this.  This game is already great but it has the potential for so much more depth.

Message 4 of 28 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Great idea honestly. Would love to see this implemented.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 5 of 28 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Those don't sound brutal enough, but I like the idea, for sure.

Hades: Underworld hands rip the limbs off of the opponent. When all limbs are torn, one last hand smashes the opponents face on the ground.

Ares: Multiple curb stomps, followed by snapping the opponents neck.

Poseidon: Ice shard stuck underneath the chin, which goes up and through the skull. Two more ice shards would then be stuck in the eyes, which the character grabs as a handle to snap the neck of the opponent.

Zeus: ?? Not sure.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 6 of 28 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Apr 3, 2013
I'd love to be able to pick the brutal kill instead of it being random and having god-specific ones would just add to it. Great idea and I hope they can implement it at some point.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 7 of 28 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Also more god-specific taunts. It's lame that we only have one. Why not a wider selection and allow us to pick 4 and map them to the four d-pad arrows.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 8 of 28 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 3, 2013

The ones I mentioned were just off the top of my head but I agree, the more brutal the better.  I just would like to see more creative things than just simply bashing the opponent.  That's what the generic ones are for.  Other ideas I've thought of include:

Hades:  throw Hades hooks into their chest and rip out their soul

Ares:  create a dark clone of the player (like in GOW 1) and have the clone do the brutal kill

Poseidon: tear their heart out and freeze it

Zeus:  throw a lightning bolt into their chest and make them explode (think Gears of War when someone gets a torque bow shot into them)

I think you could have the most fun with Hades though. 

Message 9 of 28 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Good idea, the NHL series does a similar thing - score a goal and then press one of various buttons to do different celebrations.  I think that's the quicktime event he's talking about (you don't have to get a button press right, you're just choosing which brutal kill to do depending on which button you hit).

I don't expect to ever see it in Ascension, but maybe in the next iteration of the multiplayer?  I really hope an expanded multiplayer sequel is being considered.  I know I'd buy it even if it were standalone multiplayer, especially with some of the expanded ideas posed here in the forum.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 10 of 28 (241 Views)
0 Likes