Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Re: God of War: Online

Jan 11, 2013
oh yes i will. God of WarSmiley Surprisednline would be something WAY in the future.

lawl.jpg

Message 21 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Jan 12, 2013
^ LOL it made that face when you typed God of War: Online
Erebus..jpg
Message 22 of 34 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 12, 2013
LOL didn't see that XD
i'll leave it there cuz it's funny Smiley Tongue

lawl.jpg

Message 23 of 34 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

This is single player based game. Whole franchize is based on it and that's the reason why people love this game.
That reputation was build for years. You can't expect it will switch to "Battlefield" style multiplayer.
Keep in mind all well known multiplayer FPS got a single player as well.

IF next GoW would be more online based game then it should be something like "Deamon's Souls" or "Dark Souls"

If you don't know those games then:

I'm the one invading the host my goal is to kill him. Whita dudes are with him. There are also "Blue" but that's not the case so you don't need details

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 24 of 34 (96 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Carrioner wrote:

This is single player based game. Whole franchize is based on it and that's the reason why people love this game.
That reputation was build for years. You can't expect it will switch to "Battlefield" style multiplayer.

IF next GoW would be more online based game then it should be something like "Deamon's Souls" or "Dark Souls"

I'm the one invading the host my goal is to kill him. Blue dudes are with him. Host is the white one

I agree, what they could do is create other game(coop), and add it multiplayer. Maybe don't name it God of war.

I have a post about a coop game check it out. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension/Another-Adventure/m-p/39224183#U39224183

Message 25 of 34 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Carrioner wrote:

I'm the one invading the host my goal is to kill him. Whita dudes are with him. There are also "Blue" but that's not the case so you don't need details

No one's calling it a battlfield style game. 

Yeah it was a game that built its reputation with SP...but most installments are on outdated handhelds or outdated hardware.  Out of all the next gen games they have (2) half of them have MP.  (1)  

This is something to keep god of war alive without creating absurd and asinine story modes.  

It'd be insanely fun and with all the effort put into making the MP look as cinematic and amazing as the story modes have been I feel like this game would be the absolute best.  

Message 26 of 34 (86 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Kudos. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lawl.jpg

Message 27 of 34 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I've watched the making of god of war III, it took them 2 years to finish it, something like this would take them a very long time, do you know the process of how long something like this would take? Modleing, Codeing, Testing, Etc etc etc etc. I'm a programmer, and just for one god to be created, I would need to write 100,000's of line of code just or the animations, not only that Colsion. Etc it sounds ok but its just a fantasy. once again.

What you think you know is Irrelevant..
Message 28 of 34 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jan 12, 2013
This would contain bigger maps, more armor, more spells, more relics and items.

Regular matches would put any player against eachother. It wouldn't matter whether you were on a titans side or gods side (mostly because that would split the community up a bit too much.

When MGS mentioned this to me, for some reason I automatically started thinking MMORPG style gameplay, but I'll get to that later.

Anyway, it would be much like this game except expanded vastly in every department that this game currently has. Greater customization, greater tattoos, greater influence of stats (more stats, probably "building" a character with stat points earned every level or few levels) with greater unlocks and what have you.

This all leading up to a massive event held on weekends.

What I was thinking about was having a huge "tournament" mode in which different clans (yes! Clan support!) could eihter group up with other clans or find a vast amount of players (thinking 10 to 20) would group up and VS another group (10 to 20) from the other faction. Such as, gods VS titans which is where the whle "choosing a faction" kicks in.

These maps would be much, much bigger than usual requiring hyperion gates to travel to certain parts of the map, ziplines, and maybe even charriots. Have a driver and maybe one or two others on the sides attacking other charriots with weapons or magic.

Much like the current setup, there will be several objectives within these maps in order to win the game. Such as flag capturing, capturing posts, opening chests, killing in different ways and attacking monsters.

When going to capture a point, a few monsters could be released to halt the person capturing. You can have someone capture while another one tanks the other monsters or kill them first and then take it over. After that, any enemy trying to capture the post will be attacked by the same monsters, but the people who own the point will not be attacked.

In this mode, you will be able to get the best armor in the game. You'll unlock different tiers of armor at different levels and then once you do you'll be able to unlock them via killing the other faction. This, plus there will be shrines in which pieces of items can be obtained every once in a while. The timing will be random to assure people don't camp spawns in order to get the best gear and then wreck face next weekend but will appear and then text will appear on everyone's screen to inform them that these shrines are up. These will contain the giant golden chests you see in god of war 2, and since items unlocked in this area are so powerful, it will take a lot of pieces to put the weapons together...such as 20, 25, all the way up to 50. (50 being a very, very powerful weapon)

Winning or losing this mode would give your faction points. The higher the points at the end of this tournament mode the greater your points, the greater the reward your entire faction gets for that week. Whether it be an extra piece towards an item you need, extra exp, etc. Losing wouldn't merit as great of rewards but instead would be a tiny boost in order to help your faction out a bit to make them more powerful for next week. The more your faction loses though, the greater your rewards are so we don't have a massive OP faction.

Short cuts to winning this mode are capturing all points on the map for a certain period of time or (if it's capture the flag) You capture 3 flags without the enemy team reaching your flag once. This would prevent more powerful clans from taking advantage of lower level or weaker clans and abusing the point system.

Of course, this game would have co-op too.

Warriors would take on loads of AI monsters, or AI warriors. This mode would be a great alternative to the tournament system. Because, say your clan is starting out, but every weekend you're put up against really godly clans and you can never seem to win...or if you do win it's by a very small amount and you wish to get better.

Playing AI monsters or warriors would allow you to gain a small amount towards armor you could gain in co-op. The most powerful equipment you find in coop wouldn't be as good as the most powerful equipment you can find in tournament mode, but would definitely help you out a lot in obtaining the best of the best.

Though, like I said earlier playing AI monsters or warriors would only help a tiny bit... that's where contracts of the gods come in. These are like raids, which occur once a day and help out a lot more than regular co-op matches. Matches against would occur as many times as day as you want, but you would only be able to perform a contract (raid) ONCE in a day to prevent people from gaining the best gear too fast and would keep the game competitive while taking away the advantage of people who play too much, keeping it more casual.

These contracts will vary from using team work to kill giant beasts or defeateing armies. Killing beasts could work much like it does now in team favor. You have to kill a few waves of monsters and do some objectives successfully to earn access to the beast much like you have to kill monsters in the other god of war games in order to get the barriers to drop. Once in, this beast will do massive damage and your team will have to do other objectives as well as deal small damage to the beast in order to take it down. The objectives will help deal damage but the killing blow will be dealt by a god weapon (or titan ability) given to you and you will then use that to initiate a cutscene where your whole contract "party" will be killing the beast and the best person wielding the weapon.

Armies will put you against waves of soldiers or monsters. You'll kill a few and once that's over a bigger wave will appear and bigger. You'll progress through the map killing more and doing objectives until you get to the general of the army which requires team work to kill. This is much more related to the tournament system than the beast you have to slay, requiring a much larger map.

co-op can be done with 5 to 10 players normally which can be clan members or people of the community you get together to help. Harder bosses/contracts will require larger amounts of people and greater rewards.

Weapons/armor:

Level 5 will be the max level for armor and obviously there will be different weapons/armor for each faction and different armor for each god/titan you align yourself to. Lower levels (1-3) will be easier but the more you level up the greater the rewards will be for each level. Such as level 1 you have a 50 damage weapon, level 2 you have a 55 damage weapon, level 3 you have a 80 damage weapon. 4 will be unlocked later as you level up such as levels 40 to 50 or more indicating a higher tier of power separating you and weaker warriors. The same weapon at level 4 would be 120. Level 5 will be unlocked at the last stretch of levels which will be the best and strongest players and the same weapon will be at 200 damage.

From level 1 to 3, armor and weapons won't change much but at level 4 the items gain a different appearance and at level 5, gain their final appearance and look pretty bad **bleep**. Each piece of armor or weapon would gain a specific look. Obviously bulky armor will look more reinforced and leather armor would be more intricate cloth wise such as more robes, different patches or colors to make it look cooler.

Alignment:

Your alignment should also present some passive abilities. Say if you're aligned to Zeus, you have more team oriented passive skills. Such as when you gain magic the team will gain a % of that magic. Ares would allow you to get stronger for a while and grant more health the greater the kill.

You typing as if you and your cut buddy are going to code, and model all of this. and find collision bugs, if so I'm interested in seeing this come out.
What you think you know is Irrelevant..
Message 29 of 34 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 12, 2013

PrideTEvans wrote:

I've watched the making of god of war III, it took them 2 years to finish it, something like this would take them a very long time, do you know the process of how long something like this would take? Modleing, Codeing, Testing, Etc etc etc etc. I'm a programmer, and just for one god to be created, I would need to write 100,000's of line of code just or the animations, not only that Colsion. Etc it sounds ok but its just a fantasy. once again.

Probably the same amount of time as other huge multiplayer based games....besides it's not like we're saying "we want this in 2013"  so what's your point?  

Message 30 of 34 (72 Views)
0 Likes