Mar 10 2013
By: DudeTD388 First Son 23 posts

Got to admit I'm worried about MP longevity...

[ Edited ]
7 replies 226 views Edited Mar 10, 2013
But not in the way that you might be thinking.

Let me start by saying I've sadly never played a GOW as I bought my PS3 a bit after GOW3, but I have been aware of it and even watched multiple videos and reviews about all the games and liked what I saw...I just never thought to buy the game because I had seen what it had to offer through playthroughs and such.

I had the option to try the MP beta and loved what I played, very enjoyable gameplay/visuals and a style something unlke I had seen in other games (I'd not another shooter). I was worried that I wouldn't like the SP as much but the SP demo put that to rest too. So I've preordered the game and am currently anxiously awaiting its arrival and look forward to playing. It looks to be an all around great game and (in a small way) since I'm experiencing my first GoW game I won't feel like the gameplay is "stale" as much as someone who has been with the game since the beginning.

That being said, while I'm sold on the game I know many people base their decision on whether or not buy a game on reviews. And as we all have seen many a reviewer have really dumped on the game for a multitude of reasons...one consistent one being MP being poor.

I for one think otherwise as I had the chance to experience it in the beta...but to potential buyers these reviews would scare most players off that would otherwise bolster the MP community. This is where my fear sets in, with only the devoted players (like you) and the people like me fortunate enough to try the beta...what if the MP doesn't have enough players to retain a long lasting community? I would hate to see this MP die in the early days due to a lack of players which results in poor matchmaking thus making less enjoyable matches.

I truly hope my fears are unfounded as I hope to play this game for a long time (and being my first GoW game I know the SP will make it worth the buy...just the MP was my selling point)

Thanks for your time.
Message 1 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Re: Got to admit I'm worried about MP longevity...

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013
Dude have faith. I have seen many reviews stating the multiplayer is the best part of the game. I even seen a review saying the multiplayer was good enough to last on its. Without Kratos
Message 2 of 8 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Mar 10, 2013
There are quite a few people playing the MP. Not quite sure how many but a large chunk of people who do play MP games don't come to the playstation forums. So if you're judging how large the player pool is by the amount of people coming to the forums.....don't.

I haven't really read anything bad about the MP. It seems very large for being a first installment. But a lot of people dislike the MP because they just don't get how to play and they get destroyed super easy.

One thing that would benefit SSM is to make their MP "free to play" like Uncharted 3 and killzone 3 did. This would allow people to try it out, keep the player pool fresh and then people could decide to purchase it from there...

Their biggeset screw up was not making it truly public. They kept it very private and on the last day made it public...but you needed a special code in order to download it. That's a HUGE no no. You want as many people playing as possible. They need to advertise their MP more if they want people to play it. SSM should have learned that lesson through sony's terrible marketing strategies.

I have no fear of this really. The beta servers were pretty packed and like I said, not a lot of people had access to the beta.
Message 3 of 8 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 10, 2013

As Long We Play The MP For Ever And Ever Nothing Bad Is Going To Happen My Lad .Laughs

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 4 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 11, 2013

MMan screw that. If you love God of War, You'll love this game no matter what the reviews say.

Message 5 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Solution: A multiplayer demo like Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3.
Message 6 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Dn't worry many players will join the MP simply because ppl will value the other players opinion more than reviewers. A friend who plays will tell a friend who doesn't and the trend will continue. Making the game grow. Forget the the reviewers in my opinion I think the majority of them feed off each other. They never really play the game or play and can't understand how to play cuz it's not just a button masher, or they can't just own quickly like FPS. So in turn they give a bad review and the other feed off it giving the same review. Trust me I have a good sense of a great game and this is one of them. This is the 1st game I ever pre-ordered which tells how great I think the game is. I usually wait for a pre-owned before I buy or a price drop. So I encourge all to stop worrying about the reviews. Because, a month-6mos frm now they will be giving this game high marks. Reviewers dnt make the game we do :smileywink:
Erebus Is The Ish :smileyhappy:
Message 7 of 8 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Mar 11, 2013

The most interesting part to me about the reviews is how mixed the reviewers were about it. They seemed like they either disliked it or they absolutely loved it. Try it for yourself...I for one absolutely loved it and if it wasn't for that, GOWA would have simply been a two night rental. 

Message 8 of 8 (97 Views)