Highlighted
Mar 29 2013
By: Thanatos_Mortis Sackboy 494 posts

Grappling the Sword of Hades

11 replies 243 views Edited Mar 29, 2013
Hello Warriors, as most of you know the Sword of Hades has a special attack that the player slips underground & pops back up..similar to the Wraith enemy from single player & Co-op...

Now would it not make sense to add the ability to grapple the player from underground & slam them multiple times just like you do with the Wraith?
Message 1 of 12 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Re: Grappling the Sword of Hades

Mar 29, 2013
well...that would f u c k u p the balance and would render the sword useless,dont you think? it does not seem fair nor balanced if they make one god and one weapon to have some special treatment...i agree that would be cool move but the bottom line is it would be useless and noone would use it because you would constantly be vulnerable to attack...i dont like the weapon i think its crap to be honest and very predictable i have no issue to that weapon even if multiple Hades dudes try to gank me,well no more then 2...but thats the bottom line because stonecold said so.
Message 2 of 12 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I don't think it would render the sword useless...not a lot of warriors have good reaction Time & know when & when not to grapple... the attack itself is very quick so you would need some good reflexes....some players reactions to that attack is to Dodge or jump not grapple. ..Especially beginners...

Message 3 of 12 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Well,is it not part of the point? to learn and get familiar with the system so you can develop your reflex and reaction times and also muscle memory.yeah sometimes i get caught to the blades moves,but damage output on that move is not so high that it would kill because i think its safe to say that 95% of the users start with L+square and then L+triangle.i usually count in my head...1...2 and then i dodge works for me atleast. it seems this is the most discussed sword/weapon all time...but like a said i dont have a problem with that sword...why? because so many use it that i have adapted the mechanics+i play Hades aswell too,my sword is not even level 3...

Message 4 of 12 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I'm not posting this because I have a problem with that swords attack..I'm posting this because it would make sense & add consistency ....
Message 5 of 12 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I did not say that you would have problem.but have you thought the overall picture of it? it still does not seem fair in my opinion that one weapon has extra flav...how about other weapons? should they have also "flav" that you could grapple them? or would you just limit to Hades sword? this is constuctive conversation Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12 (192 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Speaking of this multiple slam grappling, I seen someone doing this, like when Kratos grabs a stunned wraith or siren. Is it a weapon that allowed that person to do that? I know he was a Hades warrior.

Message 7 of 12 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Mar 29, 2013
@Gonzie07

The only weapons cable of the doing the multiple slam grapple are the blades of Chaos receive in rage mode

@Arkkienkeli83

Perhaps adding " Flav" to the all the weapons is just What this Multiplayer needs?
Message 8 of 12 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I do believe you can hold /\ when you pop out of the ground and into a combo.

Message 9 of 12 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

You are confusing it to blades of chaos or should i say your grappling weapon.when you have rage mode on and someone dodges and you grapple you make that heavy slam moves multiple times.

you come out like a helicopter when pressing triangle and if you hit enemy he flyes too and you can grapple.

Okey...extra flav then...well thats kinda tricky to other weapons? ok lets say it would be only limited to L+triangle moves...i actually dont come up any ideas,i have to think about it and test the other weapons special moves...

Message 10 of 12 (167 Views)
0 Likes