Apr 04 2013
By: Emoney244 First Son 25 posts

Green Halos for Teammates in Versus

21 replies 170 views Edited Apr 4, 2013

I feel a lot of people would try to revive more if green halos were added to teammates who are downed. Also, adding a tool tip would be nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Green Halos for Teammates in Versus

Apr 4, 2013

They wouldn't "try more". They would "try". :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (157 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I swear I saw this at some stage, was a little surprised to see my teammates without it, must've been an ILLUSION! D:
--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Apr 4, 2013

I don't think it should be added, noticing your stunned partner must be part of the "challenge", I guess kills have priority over saves. I think too many brutal kills would be denied this way and people would just... Kill.

signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4315 posts

Apr 4, 2013

SparklyKitten wrote:
I swear I saw this at some stage, was a little surprised to see my teammates without it, must've been an ILLUSION! D:

It shows up in Trial of the Gods, just not regular multiplayer for whatever reason.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Rafa_psc wrote:

I don't think it should be added, noticing your stunned partner must be part of the "challenge", I guess kills have priority over saves. I think too many brutal kills would be denied this way and people would just... Kill.

Perhaps they should also remove the R1 indicator next to levers, and controller vibration when a trap is about to go off, and white halos when an enemy can be tethered, etc. It's not about giving the game more or less challenge, it's about alerting people that this stuff exists.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Seventy_X_Seven wrote:

Rafa_psc wrote:

Perhaps they should also remove the R1 indicator next to levers, and controller vibration when a trap is about to go off, and white halos when an enemy can be tethered, etc. It's not about giving the game more or less challenge, it's about alerting people that this stuff exists.

Sooner or later everyone will know it exists.  People suggested this in another topic, after some more thinking, I realised that green halos can be added without taking off the kill priority, maybe it should only show up after a few second of stunning. The player could still be saved before a green halo appears, but the enemy should be warned of the stunning first.

signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Apr 5, 2013
The game's netcode isn't perfect so players need these prompts to play more comfortably. I can't imagine not having the white halo for grapple tethers.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4315 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Emoney244 wrote:
The game's netcode isn't perfect so players need these prompts to play more comfortably. I can't imagine not having the white halo for grapple tethers.

The one that makes you think you can grapple so you do and then it bounces off?  I think I get more grapples when there's no halo than I do when there is.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2139 posts

Apr 5, 2013

It would be nice if people you played with would actually come to save you instead of letting you get slaughtered in the first place. Oh, you have a red halo? Well I'm just going to watch as you get destroyed and then I'll try attacking when he's done.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes