Jan 18 2013
By: gaul51xx Hekseville Citizen 279 posts

Guy picks up spear so fast!!!

22 replies 237 views Edited Jan 18, 2013

is there a way to pick up spear faster. Just played a guy who destroyed my teamates in the last two matches becasue he would always grab the spear so quick. I tap the button as fast as I can but I could never pick it up as quick as him.  Anyone know? am I missing a relic that allwos people to grab spear faster?

Message 1 of 23 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Guy picks up spear so fast!!!

Jan 18, 2013

Maybe he just have a turbo controller or something like that, so he can pick it up by been able to rapidly tap the button faster than what a human can do.

Message 2 of 23 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jan 18, 2013

lol yeah idk. 

Message 3 of 23 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

When i get the spear i re-position my remote in my hand and tap the button as fast as i possibly can. It works.

lawl.jpg

Message 4 of 23 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 18, 2013

I make my hand vibrate so it is rapid.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 5 of 23 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jan 18, 2013

wow metal thanks..way to beast

Message 6 of 23 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 18, 2013
I experience the same ish. I was smashing the hell out of the button and even delsol saw it, I was going to town for a long time and some guy comes up, kicks me off of it and grabs it like instantly.
Message 7 of 23 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

They should just make it a [Hold Circle] method that takes the same amount of time for anyone. The point is for your teammates to cover you while you're pulling it.

I believe Just-Tank mentioned this for CTF (since mashing doesn't accelerate the process), but I'd like it to be the same for the Spear.

It would be nice if the game didn't zoom in during these event as well.

Button mashing sequences are possibly my least favorite thing about the series. It's annoying and the animations for it have always looked stupid because they're so choppy.

Reminds me of the skulls in GOW1. The look on Kratos' face as you mash the button is pretty funny, but they really overdid it in that game particularly — mash button to pull the skull off a pathetic skeleton?  Is Kratos suddenly that weak?

Message 8 of 23 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 18, 2013
My most annoying thing about the series is the CAMERA HINTS.

Even if you've played the game 10000000 times it always has to swoop the camera around and show you where to go even if you already know where to go. Or, it'll tell you something really obvious like in GoW 3 where when you put the blocks under the wheel and it's like "oh hey the door is now open" then later you have to use said blocks in a puzzle so the wheel is no longer stuck and it's like "oh hey look this door you won't ever use again ever in the whole entire game is closing! We don't need to show you this but here's the goddamn thing anyway! You probably already know the door is closing because if you didn't guess it right the first time we showed the same cutscene over and over and over and over again until you got it right! But we're going to show you anyway!"

The part I hate the most...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO0H7oMHPgQ

skip to 4:40...OMFG.
Message 9 of 23 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Mmm.. yeah. That fight took me a while. I saved the fist for last because the game makes you do so little damage at that point. Very annoying.

Actually, while we're at it, another thing I hate is how late in the game you get some weapons. I want to play with them for more than 5 minutes please.

GOW3 one-upped this by not letting you start with them in replays. They just had to tie them to the story.

Message 10 of 23 (172 Views)
0 Likes