Highlighted
Survivor
2333 posts

Re: Hades NERF/ Zeus BUFF NOW

Mar 16, 2013

Weiss_Volpe wrote:
Hades & Zeus team up is brilliant in Team Favor of the Gods 2 vs 2

If you're playing with someone who isn't low level and they know what they're doing. Things would be even better for weapons that allow combo attacks, but seeing as how nothing is explained on how to do them it doesn't help.

Strangely I was playing a Team Favor of the Gods yesterday and I was able to save someone from death before they were about to be killed. I got the Savior badge but I don't know how it activated the save.

Message 41 of 56 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

The only nerf they need to give is to Hades first hammer.

That triangle magic attack is ridiculous.

Why did they think it was a good idea to give Hades a hammer that is quite literally Ares second hammer, as his first?

The only real difference is that Hade's hammer drains life and the triangle attack during the demi-god state is waaaaaaay better.

I mainly use Ares but I switched over to Hades after maxing out my Ares character.

Message 42 of 56 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

Strangely I was playing a Team Favor of the Gods yesterday and I was able to save someone from death before they were about to be killed. I got the Savior badge but I don't know how it activated the save.

You can save a teammate who has the red halo from being killed with the R1 tether.  He will still have almost no health and will probably die if he gets hit again but at least he won't be in the stun state.

Message 43 of 56 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Zeus doesnt even have his main weapon implemented in the game yet, if you watch one of the Unchained videos one of the developers goes over which weapon is best suited for which god (Hades - hammer, Ares - sword, Poseidon - spear, Zeus - gauntlets). Maybe the gauntlets will see Zeus on par with the other Gods. They also show a very early look at the fifth god, never say a name but he is carrying a shield.
Message 44 of 56 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 16, 2013
idk I've seen some good zues players give people a hard time. My main problem with the game atm is feeling like my quick hits aren't interrupting players heavy attacks and the jumping away from battle, especially from the Poseidons is frustrating to say the least.

Hop hop hop, heal at a fountain, turn around and chain stun or juggle me. To me that tactic is OP
Message 45 of 56 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 17, 2013

This is gonna open a terrible, terrible door.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 46 of 56 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Mar 17, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

A Buff is an increase, it doesn't mean Super Saiyan.

Zeus needs and increase in health and defense, and a few points towards physical attack would be nice for balance. A few points in certain categories is better than what he has now.

There is also a delay in animations, especially launching and not being able to use your grapple when the halo appears because the animation is in a holding state and waits for you to land. It's really weird and I don't understand why there is such a delay for a basic thing. The Centaur Spear is the most noticeable issue with this, at least from what I remember.

Hyperion also hesitates before it activates which makes no sense whatsoever. It should be instant, and it should NOT be able to be grappled when it's supposed to be your evasion power. Hades can disappear, speed up attack, life siphon, basically teleport into the ground or turn into vapor. How is that fair?

As King of the Gods, Zeus is a pretty sad representation. It wasn't smart to only have two gods in the beta because it just left things skewed on release.

> I should note that I don't have all of the gear unlocked as of yet and things will hopefully improve, but I can already tell at level 30 and with most if not all gear he's still at a disadvantage simply on what I've experienced. Once I start playing the other Gods I'll be able to find their flaws as well.

Alright, I understand where your coming from, all im saying is if Zeus deserves a buff so do the rest of the gods. Zeus isn't special LOL
And im sure everyone, not just your god has a grappling problem, making Zeus warriors more powerful has nothing to do with your grappling issue
If you feel he is such a disadvantage, switch gods. I would recommend Hades Smiley Wink haha

Message 47 of 56 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 17, 2013

The problem with grappling is not Zeus, it's being able to be grappled by other players (Hades for sure with his speed) during the Hyperion when you should have invincibility frames.

Zeus has powerful moves but like I said he needs to work a lot harder to get a kill than anyone else aside from possibly Poseidon. The Zeus specific armor is pretty awful so I don't even bother with it.

Message 48 of 56 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I don't think any changes need to be made, sure Zeus may be suffering state wise in certain areas but so are all the other gods as well. Yes a person can name all of Zeus' weakness but just as many can be named for the others. The real issue with Zeus is not how low his states are but how people try to use him as if he's Ares. You can't really ask for a buff because they are not supposed to be equal in every aspect. Though I know i'm far from the best and most intellegent when it comes to this game here is what I see each of their positions.

Zeus while it is true he is weak in defense and in physical attack, he is the most deadly at long range and has relics that allow him to regain magic not to mention with the right weapons can stun you and kill you without you making a move.

Ares is the strongest when it comes to attack period, a good Ares doesn't take long to melt someones life away once he gets close enough how ever he suffers from the fact of not having great defense or reduced cooldowns from what I see.

Posiden is the strongest in defense and has the highest health, and has plenty of moves to hold off other characters or protect himself and his team. but suffers when it comes to attack power.

Hades as from when i made it to 30 with him does not have elemental resistance in the war armor of hades or battle armor of hades, hades  is dangerous because of his ability to sap helth and his cooldowns meaning he canuse his attacks more often.

Now I admit that a more experienced and better player may be able to put up more than that but the point is that each has their strengths and weakness so there is no need for a buff or nerf.

Message 49 of 56 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I know I've been silent on the forums for a while but I've been testing the mp so I could see if it was just me or if I thought that there is a real problem. I think that the stats seem correct for the classes the only problem I see with the Zeus class is that it takes 4 charges to fill your meter when the Ares class it only takes 2 when your maxed out at level 3 magic and the magic is just as powerfull. As a Zeus player that relys on magic to get through a game you would have to spent most of your time at the magic refill locations to actually use your magic or be fortunate and  get into a fight with any other class and still have  life long enough for your regen to do anything. I have not used a Hades class yet but have fought many and with them being able to disappear every 2 seconds is really fu(k!ng annoying. Oh and also how the hell do I keep getting grappled when I use my over the head lightning magic ( Cant remember the actual name for it ) thats a big load of sh!t.

signature.jpg

Message 50 of 56 (149 Views)
0 Likes