Apr 10 2013
By: Alghazanth Sackboy 396 posts

Hit detection is abysmal.

25 replies 428 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

Firstly, i just watched my brother play, an enemy had the Blade Of Athena, and he did the L1+Square dash attack and it seems to hit the character even when the blade is nowhere near the player.

Secondly, the enemy did the same attack again, and the attack hit square on, and the blade just passed through the character without hitting or doing anything. Just walking around when these both happened, not dodging or anything, and there was almost zero lag in the match.

Also, the world weapons (especially the maul) have some problems with hit detection, the maul oftentimes hits nothing even though it passes clean through an opponent. Also the direction where the enemy flies after getting mauled is just plain wrong, how does the maul cling to the opponent in from of you and throw him behind you? Have seen it happen tons of times and it just makes me laugh.

These are just few examples of how poor the hit detection can be, and it is a real problem when trying to fight and estimate if the enemy can hit you or not, should you block or parry or jump or dodge or run.

Message 1 of 26 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Hit detection is abysmal.

Apr 10, 2013
I mentioned this in a thread I created a few weeks back. The hit detection can be off big time in this game. Sometimes it's lag, but at other times the hit detection is just off. I'm sure it's the latter in plenty of cases.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 2 of 26 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2301 posts

Apr 10, 2013

The game does have craptastic hit detection. It doesn't matter what you're attacking with as the same thing happens when you use Magic and it doesn't affect someone or it goes right through them.

The physics are bad as well.

Message 3 of 26 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 10, 2013
More and more bugs are crawling from their holes everyday. we seriously need an exterminator to cleanse this game.
Message 4 of 26 (368 Views)
Survivor
2301 posts

Apr 10, 2013

There isn't enough RAID to get rid of them and more will appear regardless of what is patched.

Message 5 of 26 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I don't know, I haven't been on lately since I'm still getting setup at my new place, but prior to that it didn't seem like a hit detection issue, more lag than anything.

It'd be easy to identify if we had a local versus or even a lan mode to try.  But, with minimal lag, I've never really had any issue with attacks connecting when they shouldn't or not connecting when they should.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 6 of 26 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Apr 11, 2013
I admit, the hit detection is INCREDIBLY inconsistent, but keep in mind this is their first game and for that it's actually not that bad.

It's not like they've had yearly releases to do gain the experience for great netcoding. Oh wait, CoD still has terribad hit detection.
Message 7 of 26 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Apr 11, 2013

carnifex49 wrote:
I admit, the hit detection is INCREDIBLY inconsistent, but keep in mind this is their first game and for that it's actually not that bad.

It's not like they've had yearly releases to do gain the experience for great netcoding. Oh wait, CoD still has terribad hit detection.

I still think the question remains: is it hit detection or is it lag?  I still say it's the latter.

Call of Duty, on the other hand, is an example of truly off hit detection which you can test in offline modes with bots and see just how bad it can be.  We don't have any such test except for training and I've never noticed anything wonky there.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 8 of 26 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Apr 11, 2013
So true. Earlier i had a match were some guy hit me with the maul(world) and even though there was a invisible wall behind me, when he threw it at me i automatically got send flying ringout even though were he threw shouldnt even send me flying in the direction of the ledge.
Message 9 of 26 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Yeah I'm with Vanthem here...hit detection only seems to be a problem when lag is present.

However physics are at fault when a world weapon mace-maul-hammer hits you the wrong way. That should be a fixable bug, though.

Message 10 of 26 (308 Views)
0 Likes