Dec 22 2012
By: AKiMbO-_-SLICEE Splicer 73 posts

Host Migration Idea/ Host Rage Quitters

7 replies 168 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

I will be playing in the beta, having a really good game. Then, I would be in the middle of Brutal Killing somebody but then they would rage quit. Occasionally, the person who rage quits is the host, so the game immediatly ends. Very irritating. I believe a Host Migration system is needed, so that instead of instantly dropping the game, the Host switches to another player in the game and you can continue to play. BTW, this happneds about 20% of the games I play. Keep in mind, this is only a CLOSED Beta, so in January 8th when the FULL beta is released, this is going to happen alot.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (168 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Re: Host Migration Idea/ Host Rage Quitters

Dec 22, 2012
indeed host migration.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

When talking about penalizing rage quitters, how about, locking them out of joining games for a set time, until the match they just left ends?

Far as hosts go, their machine hosts the match until end & are locked out of joining a new match until match is over.
Sounds fair enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Definitely need a host migration and I think rage quitters should have a time ban. No penalty for the first one and then 30 seconds for the next one and so on. Too many times has my entire team quit and then it's one on four. Still don't quit because it's a matter of digital honor at that point....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

In order to start penalizing rage quitter you have to sort out uneven games on start, ie matchmaking needs tweaking. Host migration is needed in general reguardless of rage quitters. Some people litterly have to leave.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I disagree. No p2p servers at all. Instead dedicated servers so NOONE'S gameplay is interrupted.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I admit I have rage quit a couple time, but not because I was doing poorly in any particular match but because my teammate weren't doing anything to help our team win and also leaving me to get jumped multiple times during a match.

I think there should be some incentive to help out a teammate who is getting triple teamed to prevent people from just wandering off  while you are left defending yourself against the entire enemy team.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I really hope Santa Monica sees this. A host migration system would help a lot and be great idea for this game, in fact for any multiplayer game.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (107 Views)
0 Likes