Mar 30 2013
By: Maz-Adaz97 Lombax Warrior 169 posts

I KNOW IT MAKES NO SENSE

10 replies 192 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

you guys are probably gonna tell me to stop nagging, but unless we all do this wont be fixed. The more we insist on it the more they'll take it seriously. How does it make sense to add double xp when it take 1 hour to find a game. With the number of games im playing in a whole day of gaming, it should be more like 5X xp. I never find a game, when is this going to get any better, they say they improved it, and its still just as bad. I've been patient the whole time, but now its been going on for too long. SSM have other groups working on another new project, not related to GOWA. How bout they join all the groups to fix this gay problem first before they decide on starting a new game or something.

Message 1 of 11 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: I KNOW IT MAKES NO SENSE

Mar 30, 2013
They're clearly aware of the MP matchmaking issue, and it should be fixed in the next patch, along with many other issues/additions. I'd rather have them take their time. 30% of the games I play, patches make it worse.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 2 of 11 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Yeah but they think they've made a solid improvements, as it seems from their twitter tweets. In fact, no change has been made. Sure I want a solid patch, but it shouldn't be taking this long, and they have started a new project as well, just focus on this first.

Message 3 of 11 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Hmmm? Wasn't aware of that. No changes have been made.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 4 of 11 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

I swear no exaggeration I've waited 2 hours+ and found one game, that was lost because the host quit.

Message 5 of 11 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Maz-Adaz97 wrote:

I swear no exaggeration I've waited 2 hours+ and found one game

I don't know where you live but that is excessive. It could be your ISP or just poor connection to the PlayStation Network or these servers in general.

It does make you cringe when you can try another game and have no issues with online play and wonder what the hell is going on with the servers aligned with this game.

Host migration automatically needs to be added for multiplayer and we definitely need an audio sign when playing to see who is talking on mics.

Message 6 of 11 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I knoww, its so inconsistent, sometimes its good and get a streak with games, and times it sucks, which is most of the time. Sure its early in the morning and that may contribute but even though it shouldnt be too this extent. It finds games, I join the lobby then it quits. My connection is good, im sure everything works fine and my speed is 20-20 mb. I live in the Kuwait (Middle East) by the way, and I may be far away, but this is the 21st century and i havent had such a problem with any game.

Message 7 of 11 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Maz-Adaz97 wrote:

I knoww, its so inconsistent, sometimes its good and get a streak with games, and times it sucks, which is most of the time. Sure its early in the morning and that may contribute but even though it shouldnt be too this extent. It finds games, I join the lobby then it quits. My connection is good, im sure everything works fine and my speed is 20-20 mb. I live in the Kuwait (Middle East) by the way, and I may be far away, but this is the 21st century and i havent had such a problem with any game.

I think the time of day is going to be an issue for you trying to connect. Anyone who is in the US that you're trying to connect to probably has instability with the strength between your connections.

The problem is that this game doesn't allow you to specify whether you want local or worldwide connections. I think if you're playing during peak hours your connection will be better, but if it's early in the a.m. during server refresh or network updates it's going to be a problem.

Matchmaking is inconsistent for everyone, especially when you have a full listing of 8 players and everyone gets booted constantly. The game should have a lobby system showing ping or green bar status for connections, but the whole idea behind this game was to have people play from across the world and make it as random as possible to keep things fresh. That's what the developers had in mind. Even if we had connection strength bars they are rarely accurate as wireless connections are constantly in flux and can be green then red, then yellow then back to green.

Message 8 of 11 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I get what your saying, but i haven't been trying to connect with anyone specific, it just generally sucks. Also almost everyone I've been matched with is in my local area or in the Middle East, I can tell from their usernames, so I dont think they did a pretty good job with the whole "connecting the world together" idea.

Message 9 of 11 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5736 posts

Mar 30, 2013
It's never taken me more than 2 minutes to get a game going, including 4x4.

Message 10 of 11 (63 Views)
0 Likes