Mar 17 2013
By: Toester_Strudel First Son 6 posts

I can't access the MP... help please.

6 replies 140 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

So I've beaten single player mode, I tried to see if The Last of Us demo was available (which isn't...), and now when ever I try to launch the MP mode from the main menu, a screen keeps popping up with the following text:

"An Online Pass is required to play God of War: Ascension Multiplayer. Do you want to input an Online Pass?"

Before this started, I first redeemed my online pass from the PSN Store and downloaded it, then when I launched the game and proceed to launch MP, the screen pops up, I select 'Yes', I input the code just to see if I can still get into the MP even though I have already installed the online pass that came with the copy of the game I bought, I install it, go back to the main menu, try to launch MP again, the screen comes back, and rinse and repeat so far...

I have already tried to re-install the online pass through in-game, I tried to delete my GoW game data along with the patch (not my save file) and re-intall them, I have also tried to re-install the game through the PSN Store, and now I am out of options on what to do.

Is anyone here that can help me or knows how to solve my problem?

Message 1 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: I can't access the MP... help please.

Mar 17, 2013
have u tried saying not to the online pass section?? maybe it will put you right into the MP menu.
Message 2 of 7 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I have selected 'No' a few times when the screen pops up, but it brings me straight back to the main menu.

Message 3 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 17, 2013

You installed the pass from the playstation store from your downloads list?

I know sometimes I'll buy something and not paying attention leave the download screen without having it downloaded in the first place. Tricking myself since it pops up in a list real quick. Especially since there's no install icon for it even when you do download and install it.

Other than that all I can think of is make sure you are signed into the right account on your PS3. The one that installed it? I know when I have friends over, they all have a profile on my PS3 so it can get confusing.

Message 4 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I have downloaded the online pass from the PSN Store and I didn't forget it in the store, also I only have one account and that account has my online pass but still fails to get me to MP.

Message 5 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I would probably go to Sony's support site and talk to a help agent. Perhaps they can troubleshoot the problem better than people that happen on your thread here? Or at least point you to someone who can get the issue resolved.

here's the link:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/

Message 6 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 29, 2013
also i have the same problem.i dont know how to solve this issue.
Message 7 of 7 (68 Views)
0 Likes