Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 14 2012
By: disturbeddude101 Wastelander 849 posts

I think I have an amazing idea :)!!

[ Edited ]
30 replies 627 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

Okay, so today I was thinking, what if there was a cross-over in the single player where Kratos actually meets your champion in the game!

There wouldn't necessarily need to be any dialouge involved with your character.

This is basically how I imagine it:

Kratos is in a big city, maybe Kirra, and he walks up to a temple/palace or something of the like. He is going to meet an important character over there for some reason, and he walks up, and sees your Champion standing beside/behind them, maybe their bodyguard or something.

Kratos may just exchange glances with your warrior, or ask, "Who's this?" Nothing particularly major.

I just think it would be cool to see your Champion, with all his custom armor and weapon, get acknoledged by Kratos.

What do you think :smileyhappy:?

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (627 Views)
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
408 posts

Re: I think I have an amazing idea :)!!

Dec 14, 2012

You should be a Game Designer =)

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Dec 14, 2012

That's actually what I plan on doing, once I get to college.

I would want to work for Sony Santa Monica (dream job)!!

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Great idea!

But we would need to play the multiplayer first or there would be an option to choose/customize your champion when you enter the campaign.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (602 Views)
Wastelander
849 posts

Dec 14, 2012

I guess you would have to play multiplayer first, or it would show the default character.

@Tank What are the chances of this actually appearing in the game?

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (596 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 14, 2012

You know, I can actually see this happen (if there's enough time to implement this, that is). Still, as one of the guys above said, unless you want Kratos to acknowledge the default version of the champion (ie no helmet or body armor, just the warrior leggings), you probably do have to go through the multiplayer first. In fact- this is may be a bit of a stretch- maybe the exact area/way Kratos ends up meeting or at the least seeing your champion depends on which god you followed/leveled up in the most.

In the end, the basic example given by disturbeddude sounds good enough on it's own right :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (586 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 14, 2012
No idea how they would incorporate a character from the MP into the SP considering we constantly change our characters. Not to mention what if you dont play MP? Kratos talks to nobody :smileytongue:?

I love the idea though, but im not sure if it would be possible.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (551 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

I agree with Aldro_US, sounds not possible to carry on, maybe if when you start the game would be necessary to create a champion other way I see this not convenient to see a default champion in the Single Player mode with Kratos. If this happens I'd like to see Kratos ripping his head off.! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Well, if you haven't even touched the multiplayer at all,

I don't think you would notice that that character in the background your champion.

He would probably look like some other generic citizens in the singleplayer.

And even though your Champion is constantly changing, I don't think it would be a big deal if you only saw him at one point in the story for about 45 seconds.

I just think it would be cool to say,"Holy **bleep**, that's my champion! And Kratos actually talked to him!"

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Itd be cool if we actually got to customize the face etc, or like choose color of the skin. At this point, its only the outfits that differ and they tend to change
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (520 Views)
0 Likes