Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2013
By: Rumba_Lumba Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

Info from files? *possible spoilers galore*?

7 replies 402 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

since it's the weekend, they're not working so let me get this out of the way. i decrypted the betas (both MP and SP, don't ask how i got the SP files), and just as I did with Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, i'll share with you some files that i saw. reason that i'm doing this now is because i might not get Ascension on release day anymore (yes, i'll be playing Ni No Kuni, and no i'm not a Ni No Kuni bandwagon fan).

proof first:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRumbalumba/videos?flow=grid&view=0

mkay, so let's start this.

first off, almost guaranteed 5 world weapons:

in addition to (i'm going with the filenames) Sword, Club, and Spear, we'll have a Sling and a Shield.

sub.jpg

not gonna do that with all the files, though. 

moving on, i saw files for MP (and this might also be spoilers for SP), about *other* people other than Trojans and Spartans (which are Troy and Sparta on the file names, so locations/allegiance/nationality?)

there's Argos, Delphi, Athens, Minos, Olympus, Thebes, and Thessaly. also one for a "MACE", dunno which land is that.

heard an audio file which said "two lives left", dunno if that was for Favour (i don't play much of), or another MP mode  with a Stock mode.

now for the MP maps, there are "Lore" files for each map (think of the 'story' at the beginning of the Desert where the announcer describes/talks about the map and polyphemus), so i'm guessing these lore audio files are for each map.

saw Desert, Hercules, Labyrinth, Olympus, Persia, Prophet(?), Statue, and Troy. there's also one for Tutorial.

apart from these, there are also ones for names that i can deduce by mode like CTF, but there are ones like "BOG", and "HUN" and "FR". i'm guessing FR is Favour? HUN is probably a map too, and so is BOG.

there are also "titles" or maybe those EXP titles, some of which we've already seen like "Killstreak", or "Seeker". i'll just post the ones i haven't seen or heard.

Untouchable, Triple Feat, Triple Kill, Skewered, New Leader, LiftOff, Justice, Intervened (i saw/heard that already btw), Immortal Feat, Hard to Kill, Double Feat, Decimated, Chopped, Cooked, Cheated Death, Beaten, Brutal Kill, etc.

i'll post more of these later.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Info from files? *possible spoilers galore*?

Jan 19, 2013
there are files/effects for WallStun, Jump, Celebrate,Salute, Taunt, Electrocution, etc. but then there are some like Freezing (Poseidon?) and Frozen, HadesPull (so a tether-attack with Hades, or Pull teh soul kinda thing?), Choking, etc.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 19, 2013
I have never heard of Ni No Kuni prior to about a week ago but will be playing it. Am I bandwagon? :smileysad:

"MACE" might be Macedonia.

"HUN" might be a "Hunted" mode of some sort, especially if it was listed in a folder/place alongside CTF and such.

Cool stuff...you said you got this off the Beta? That's good news cuz I am hoping there is more variety of everything (except factions, that seems like a nice size list) in the final version.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 19, 2013
^i'll add more later. off the top of my head, there are 4 Magics per god, dunno if the MP magics will carry over to the SP.

i know there will be 4 types of Rage (Fire, Soul, Electric, aaand Ice) and 4 types of Magic too (again, Fire, soul, etc. dependent on god).
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Interesting...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 19, 2013

@Rumba-Lumba The Game Director Todd Papy Did Say That Poseidon Would Have Ice-Like Attacks .

This Attack Would Freeze A Non-Align Poseidon Warrior In Place For 10-15 Seconds Depending If He Is Not Over A Fire Trap .

I Kind Of Feel Like No 1 Is Talking About Poseidon Enough .Lol

Would Be Hilarious If Only A Few Warrior Align To Him .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 20, 2013
so here's more. i dunno if this is both for SP and MP (i'm guessing for both.)

4 Items for each god. from the beta, we've already seen 3 items on both Ares and Zeus. i'm going by the filenames, so you can just imagine what their names/purpose are in-game.

Ares - BurstHeal, FireShield, Ignite, Shout
Zeus - BurstHeal, Shield, Dash, Shockwave
Poseidon - Heal, IceShield, Scream, ????
Hades - BurstHeal, AuraShield, DrainAura, Pool

so all gods have two items each that are very identical to other gods.

on to possible items on the battlefield or possibly on SP as well.

LifeCycle, HydraHead(?, so Euryale's head or something), HermesBoots, HeliosChariot(?), MedusaHead, PerseusShield, SirenHead

in addition, dunno if this will be for SP/MP or both (heck, let's just assume i say this for everything).

FireBow, WindBow

i'm led to believe it could be for SP too, because Papy said whatever Kratos has is for the sake of or they're prioritizing gameplay improvement rather than story consistency. so most likely he'll get a different Wind Bow or Fire Bow but very similar to the ones in GOW2 and 3.

BattleHorn (isn't this the item that gives BurstHeal on MP?), CerberusHead, Cornucopia, DionysusIllusion, Explosive, Eyes.

there's also an Amulet_LifeCycle, which is a different file than LifeCycle. so these must be any combination of SP and MP stuff.

on to magic

Ares - Dash, Fireball, Mine, Rage
Hades - Giant, Hazard, Summon, Throw
Poseidon - Beam, Hazard, Plume, ????
Zeus - ForceLightning, Hazard, Lightning(Storm, presumably), ????

dunno why both zeus and poseidon have only 3. they might only have 3 in the final game while those other possibly physical-based fighters will get 4. dunno.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 20, 2013
on to characters.

Hermes, Hercules have files (and kratos duh).

will post more later.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (264 Views)
0 Likes