Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2013
By: Antioch_Verus First Son 13 posts

Interesting Hades Relic?

6 replies 466 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I made it up, but wanted to hear what the community thinks...here it is:

Relic of Undeath:

Rank I: Always appear at full health to enemy players and Physical Resist.png +10% when below 50% health.

Rank II: Always appear at full health to enemy players and Physical Resist.png +20% when below 50% health.

Rank III: Always appear at full health to enemy players and Physical Resist.png +30% when below 50% health.

*Notes:

- In case someone mininterprets the function of this relic, your true health is accurately displayed to both you and your allies. However, your health will be displayed as full to enemy players regardless of damage taken.

- Hades was known for trickery in Greek mythology so this passive fits him well and can be useful in a couple of different scenarios:

1) If you're fighting an enemy player and they reach less than (let's say) 30% health, even if your health is less than theirs, they will not know, and will probably run. This will give you ample time to either go in for the kill or escape.

2) If you're fighting alongside teammates and have a small amount of health, enemy players won't immediately focus their attacks on you to get an easy kill. This scenario also allows you to escape or continue fighting while being relatively unharassed.

- The defense buff while being below 50% health will also help with survivability.

- However, there's one con to this mechanic because new players might think that you're hacking...

Basically this passive buff is all about mindgames/trickery and hiding your cards from enemy players. Yeah, I also think that this game mechanic is definitely 'out there,' but I think that it can be really interesting, fits a follower of Hades well, and could add onto the depth of the multiplayer. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7 (466 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: Interesting Hades Relic?

Jan 21, 2013
I love it, would be OP as *bleep* though at the early stages when people don't know what it does.

"OMG MY ATTACKS AREN'T DOING ANY DAMAGE **bleep**"

Hmm to avoid that maybe change it to NOT show health at all?
Message 2 of 7 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2273 posts

Jan 21, 2013

The relic will ultimately become useless because people will hammer on you whether you have full health or not.

Message 3 of 7 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

The relic will ultimately become useless because people will hammer on you whether you have full health or not.

I dunno 30% buff of total armor below 50% life, that would be reason enough to equip such a relic lol...

Message 4 of 7 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 21, 2013

@carnifex49,

Either way will be fine, although showing no health at all would most likely have the opposite effect and encourage players to attack even more haha! However, this might be a good trap to lure unsuspecting players.

Scenario:

A player with less than 50% health takes the chance and attacks a Hades player who has this relic equipped (not knowing that the Hades player actually possesses more health) and will have the odds stacked against them. Then again, experienced players will already know of this ruse...however, they will still be taking a risk not knowing the actual state of the opposing player.

I think it could be interesting, but I don't think it will be confusing at all because:

1) Most players will undoubtedly try Hades and will read the description of his relics early on.

2) Before choosing an allegiance to any of the four gods, when a player walks up to Hades, they can see that he will allow the deception of your opponents.

3) This can be one of the tips displayed when you die and are waiting to respawn.

Basically it's a 'paper tiger'-esque mindgame. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 7 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I would use this relic for sure! Nice idea!
Message 6 of 7 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 21, 2013
@Antioch_Verus

You sir deserve kudos! Looks like Hades is winning my alignment at the moment. :smileyhappy:
Message 7 of 7 (413 Views)
0 Likes