Message 1 of 36 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: Jumping with the Flag

Apr 2, 2013

PainRising wrote:

Simply unfair to jump to avoid attacks.

Any thoughts?

It's stupid.  You should be vulnerable to grappling when jumping.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 2 of 36 (331 Views)
Survivor
2454 posts

Apr 2, 2013
^ agreed
Message 3 of 36 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 2, 2013

It's funny cause the amount of times this has been mentioned during the Beta was unbelievable, yet SSM didn't do sh*t to fix it. I agree 100%, it's one of the only things that ruin CTF for me, along with the Ares Leap/Hyperion but that's debatable. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 4 of 36 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 2, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

It's funny cause the amount of times this has been mentioned during the Beta was unbelievable, yet SSM didn't do sh*t to fix it. I agree 100%, it's one of the only things that ruin CTF for me, along with the Ares Leap/Hyperion but that's debatable. 

I guess it's appropriate for Easter.  I just played a game of CTF, it was bunny mayhem.  Tell you what doesn't work, being Zeus with no health and hopping around.  I was almost instantly murdered.  A stray breezes kills me.

Speaking of CTF ... is no one playing it?  It's searching and searching and searching.  Finally get a match and it's just massive lag.  One guy on our team quits or gets dropped (who knows).  Somehow we still won despite having to fight by inputting moves 2 seconds into the future.  @_@

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Message 5 of 36 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

I guess it's appropriate for Easter.  I just played a game of CTF, it was bunny mayhem.  Tell you what doesn't work, being Zeus with no health and hopping around.  I was almost instantly murdered.  A stray breezes kills me.

Speaking of CTF ... is no one playing it?  It's searching and searching and searching.  Finally get a match and it's just massive lag.  One guy on our team quits or gets dropped (who knows).  Somehow we still won despite having to fight by inputting moves 2 seconds into the future.  @_@

I haven't had problems getting into CTF matches last night; it's just as bad as Team Favor, really. I like CTF more though, so I wait as long as I could to get into a match.

As for the Easter bunnies, the least the could do is put a bunny costume on those who pick up the flag. The humor might cancel out the fact that it's annoying as hell.

Message 6 of 36 (308 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Endurance.

Just thought of it.

You can only jump 3 times with the flag every 20 seconds.

You regenerate one jump or "catch your breath" every 6.66 seconds.

Would just about fix the bunnies.

Promotes jumping at the correct time and not being a cheap player.

Message 7 of 36 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I'll take anything really.

----------------------

Message 8 of 36 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 2, 2013

PainRising wrote:

Endurance.

Just thought of it.

You can only jump 3 times with the flag every 20 seconds.

You regenerate one jump or "catch your breath" every 6.66 seconds.

Would just about fix the bunnies.

Promotes jumping at the correct time and not being a cheap player.

I like it, but even if we were to push this, I don't think we'll see the idea come alive. There are so many good suggestions that this multiplayer NEEDS (most were suggested during the Beta), but guess what? Nothing in sight. I thought that saving friendlies from a trap would've been logical (chain grab them out if they're in a fire trap, promoting team work), but nope.

Message 9 of 36 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

Apr 2, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

This was an issue with CTF if the beta, it seemed people would jump and hop faster then running. I do notice a difference in the full release though, have yet to play much of CTF but you warrior seems slower when you jump/cant jump as far. There definitely a difference from the beta.

Personally I havn't had trouble with people jumping with the flag. 

Message 10 of 36 (264 Views)
0 Likes