May 10 2013
By: SirCrush Wastelander 869 posts

KEEP YOUR DISC CLEAN! lol

[ Edited ]
59 replies 591 views Edited May 10, 2013

I just almost had a heart attack. Tried putting my GoWA disc in MULTIPLE times and it would not load. I selected it from the XMB and it went to TRY to load but after a couple minutes at a black screen in kept kicking me back to the XMB.

I looked at my disc and except for a couple partial fingerprints around the disc's edge (normal for any game I own), it was perfectly clean. Tried deleting the patch data, nothing. Reboot PS3? No dice.

Finally I decided one last try and cleaned off the half centimeter fingerprints on the edge of the disc and VOILA! It loaded.

I post this thread to assist anyone else that runs into this problem. Again, I almost ALWAYS have little fingerprint smudges around the outer rim of my disc but NEVER has it prevented a game from loading. I guess vital info is stored in them outer rings. Be careful with your discs lol

Side note: Deleting patch data will force you to re-enter your online pass. It's available in Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List. Such a pain in the butt. THis game hates me for not playing it for 6 days -_-

Message 1 of 60 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2301 posts

Re: KEEP YOUR DISC CLEAN! lol

May 10, 2013

You know, your lens could be failing. Blu-ray discs are very durable, much moreso than dvds and minor smudges shouldn't be causing an issue unless they're solid marks of oil/grease blocking the disc surface.

Message 2 of 60 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

May 10, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

You know, your lens could be failing. Blu-ray discs are very durable, much moreso than dvds and minor smudges shouldn't be causing an issue unless they're solid marks of oil/grease blocking the disc surface.

The fingerprint smudges came off quite easy...you might be right though. Perhaps my lense is failing, idunno.

Message 3 of 60 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2301 posts

May 10, 2013

If you've had the game freeze or hard lock that can damage the lens over time, either that or it's just getting worn out.

Message 4 of 60 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

My disc  should be clean and safe. It's in it's case...which is in Pandora's Box.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 5 of 60 (547 Views)
Survivor
2301 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Who told you to stick your disc in her v.a.g.?

Wow, talk about over censoring.

Message 6 of 60 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

May 10, 2013

Wow even the disc is GLITCHED lol

gowtheartofwar.webs.com
GET READY TO TASTE YOUR OWN BLOOD!

Message 7 of 60 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

May 10, 2013
@SirCrush

You Took The "Game Does Not Enjoy Getting Ignored For About A Week" To The @ss Huh ? .Lol

But Happy You Are Again Back To The PS3 Reading The Disc !

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 8 of 60 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11767 posts

May 10, 2013

I must admit that when I first read this thread title I didnt exactly see the word "disc" haha.....glad to see that it is NOT what I thought it was about

good to have u back sicrush :smileyvery-happy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 60 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

May 10, 2013

hahahha man its been awhile since ive heard anyone talk about disc conditon hahah although im still slightly ocd about my discs from ps2 days i always grab discs using the inner ring and occasionally still yell at ppl for not doing the same hahah 

good to see you back cant wait to play with you again

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 10 of 60 (441 Views)
0 Likes