Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 28 2013
By: Maz-Adaz97 Lombax Warrior 169 posts

(Kill-Stealing) THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE PLEASE GYPSY

[ Edited ]
18 replies 361 views Edited Mar 28, 2013

It sooo annoying when I get an opponent's HP to almost 0 then someone comes along and steals my kill! There should be some sort of update to change this, so that if a person lets say gets an opponent to 10 hp and someone else finishes him, he gets the kill or the points.

Edit: Updated topic thread to reflect content

U--J

Message 1 of 19 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Eliminating Kill Stealing....

Mar 28, 2013
I believe that if the developers were to add co-op brutal kills ..this would reduce kill stealing by a significant amount.... Why steal my kill when you can join me in it?...of course this would only work for team matches & only when two player are in the Same Brutal kill grapple range...say if your target escapes with low health & some one else kills him only then will you get assist points because you allowed him to escape.
Message 2 of 19 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
403 posts

Re: THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE PLEASE GYPSY

Mar 28, 2013
If someone gets your kill after you do the majority of the damage they only get 40 points for it. As well as that you will receive a 45 point assist so you still come out better off. As for brutal kills you already receive a 2-3 second window where only you are able to execute the player. I don't really think there's much of an issue with the current system, some people base their entire strategies around passive play.
 photo Posiedon2.jpg
Message 3 of 19 (345 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Re: Eliminating Kill Stealing....

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

There's no Co-op in free for all. Why would I want to share points with you when I'm trying to beat you?

EDIT: Just realised your talking about team matches.Stolen kills should matter even less. Who cares who gets the kill as long as someone on the team does.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 4 of 19 (385 Views)
Sackboy
494 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Yes it shouldnt matter if someone kill steals but unfortunately lots of warriors do care & for good reason because it affects experience....the amount of experience you earn at the end of a match is based on the amount of combat points you earned... Objective points affect your experience very little...

Message 5 of 19 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Oh i didnt notice that, sorry for the pointless thread, thanks though :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 19 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Free for all: a competition, dispute, or fight open to all comers and usually with no rules. Which means anything goes.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of this topic. As Bluesteel mentioned even if someone does 'steal'  your kill the game  balances the points so they don't get fully rewarded for it and you get compensated. What kind of free for all would this be if I just killed one guy and waited for the two others to finish fighting before I engage?

If player A has 1900 points and is about to kill player B, you can bet everything I'm going to run in there an try and kill player B before player A does. 

If your kills are getting stolen that much, maybe you better reflect on your offensive capabilities.

Message 7 of 19 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Mar 28, 2013

I'd say in any of the team modes, minus 2v2, favour gained from killing people matters less that objective favour. I don't know that exact points of the top of my head but I'd bet one use of the catapult on the Walls of Troy equates to around 4 kills on TFOTG. 

And if you haven't noticed, its easy as hell to gain XP in this game. All you have to do is play, you almost get Xp for everything. Even just finishing a match. Go play trial of the Gods by yourself for a few days and I'll bet you by the end of it you'll be level 30.

Message 8 of 19 (361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 28, 2013
"Just realised your talking about team matches.Stolen kills should matter even less. Who cares who gets the kill as long as someone on the team does."

Agree
Message 9 of 19 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I dont even care thoe killstealers anymore....if thats the onlyway them to get kills,then so be it.if i see some team mate doing 1vs1 i just wach or walk past if hes winning,if hes taking a beatdown then i help but i et him take the brutal kill.im a nice person and i have feelings...
Message 10 of 19 (306 Views)
0 Likes