Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 21 2012
By: DelSol-97- Wastelander 785 posts

Killing Cyclops doesn't win the match?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 330 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

This has happen to me on a few occasions,  it will show the cinematic for our team killing the cyclops but we still end up lossing the match.

Example, we will be down 1000 points so ill use the spear to catch us up. Once I get over 7000 points (there team is at 7700) I begin  to excute the cyclops, as I do this it shows my team killing him but once he his dead, the match is over itll say "you lose"

Now I think it has something to do with them still gathering points from the capture points while the cinematic is occuring. Just can be dissapointing when we are down a man and make this huge comback to be let down.

I just feel once it shows the cinematic portion occurs the game should be over and the winners should be the ones that excuted the cyclops.

If anyone has experienced this let me know :smileyhappy:

Edit: 

I would believe santa monica is aware of this, if not I thought I would post it

Message 1 of 10 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1301 posts

Re: Killing Cyclops not winning the match?

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

soembody on the other team probably capturd one of the bases before you killd the cyclops and they got to 8,000 points before you did, just in the nick of time. i havn't had that happen to me yet.

lawl.jpg

Message 2 of 10 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Dec 21, 2012

It goes to the cinematic where my team helps  kill the cyclops, so no one can move or play because it shows that screen for everyone. 

Message 3 of 10 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I agree with Metalgear on this one. I've captured altars all the time during the Spear of Olympus being cast down. 

Message 4 of 10 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

I know what you guys are saying, you can still play while the spear is in play, but havnt you noticed when you get to 7000+ points and you have to kill the cyclops it stops everyone from playing while you watch the team kill the cyclops?? Its the main cinematic where you leap up and stab the cyclops in the eye?? I dont know about you guys but once that occurs I can no longer play.

Message 5 of 10 (288 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Dec 21, 2012

You can't play, but if you have bases captured you still gain points. So while the cinematic was happening the other team earned 300 points and won the match before you were awarded the 1000 points for the execution. 

Message 6 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Dec 21, 2012

@Poofbrother

Agreed, I just dont think that should be the case. Once a team reaches the 7000 mark and starts to execute the cyclops the game should end and the winning team should be the ones with the execution. I dont think teams should still be gathering points while the cinematic is occuring. It wil happen to you guys soon enough  :smileytongue:

Message 7 of 10 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, this is the case poof.  While the cinematic happens the other team is still collecting points... This should NOT be the case, however.  I don't care if the other team has 7999 points and total domination of all areas.. if the  other team manages to get the spear with 7000 favor and execute the cyclops.. the point gathering should stop as SOON as the execution begins and the win should go to the team who executed the cyclops in my opinion.  This is a clutch win if you can pull it off.. and if it isn't possible it will make this mode way less fun.  I feel that if this isn't fixed, it will discourage competition as a team nears 8000 favor, because what is the point in all the effort of killing the cyclops just in time to beat the other team because they have had more points captured etc.... if you just lose in the end?  I definitely think this is probably an unintended bug though

Message 8 of 10 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

now on the other hand... if you mess up and execute the cyclops with 6999 favor *you get my point* the win should be based on the time.. AKA:  If the 4 person winning animation does not occur and only 1 person slays the cyclops prematurely for 1000 points, this should NOT stop the other teams favor from increasing due to kills/ captured points.  

Message 9 of 10 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Exactly, once the cinematic happens and your team is killing the cyclops the point gathering should stop. It allows you to make a comeback even with the team closing in 8000 points. 

I hope Santa Monica has noticed this issue and will fix it for the release.

Message 10 of 10 (256 Views)
0 Likes