Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Haha thx dude. Justice will be served Smiley Happy

batman_animated_series.jpg 

Seriously though, the reason I'm looking into this more thoroughly is that I'd rather have an actual "item" to use in game vs something cosmetic. Just my opinion, I'm sure others would disagree. Thought this thread might be helpful to others who were debating the issue as well regarding this particular pre-order offer.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 11 of 53 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Feb 5, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

Haha thx dude. Justice will be served Smiley Happy

batman_animated_series.jpg

Seriously though, the reason I'm looking into this more thoroughly is that I'd rather have an actual "item" to use in game vs something cosmetic. Just my opinion, I'm sure others would disagree. Thought this thread might be helpful to others who were debating the issue as well.

Best Batman ever, at least when the Animated Series first started it was, excellent choice.

I know what you mean, but I've already pre-ordered the collectors edition from GS so I'm getting it regardless of what it is lol.  300 is my all-time fav movie, so I'm pretty pumped for it.    

Message 12 of 53 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Got an email from Gamestop Customer Service today regarding clarification. They said the King Leonidas pre-order code that you receive is just for a skin (i.e. it is NOT an armor set or a spear weapon).

So basically the DLC will alter the appearance of your warrior and spear class weapon so they look like Leonidas, but won't be an actual item like the Blade of Judgement from Walmart or the armor sets of the Mythological Heroes pack.

Hope this helps ppl decide where they want to pre-order from.

Message 13 of 53 (240 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Feb 8, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

Got an email from Gamestop Customer Service today regarding clarification. They said the King Leonidas pre-order code that you receive is just for a skin (i.e. it is NOT an armor set or a spear weapon).

So basically the DLC will alter the appearance of your warrior and spear class weapon so they look like Leonidas, but won't be an actual item like the Blade of Judgement from Walmart or the armor sets of the Mythological Heroes pack.

Hope this helps ppl decide where they want to pre-order from.

Thanks buddy.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 14 of 53 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Feb 8, 2013

@DJMadCow Thnx For It My Pal !

So Basically This Is A Non-Exchangeable Armor Set & Weapon As The Other God Aligned Armor Sets Are ?

Sounds Kool .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 15 of 53 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Feb 8, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@DJMadCow Thnx For It My Pal !

So Basically This Is A Non-Exchangeable Armor Set & Weapon As The Other God Aligned Armor Sets Are ?

Sounds Kool .

My guess is that if it's like skins/costumes for other games, you can equip any armor and spear weapon, apply this skin and you'll look like King Leonidas. It's purely cosmetic and won't carry any associated stats, which explains why there was that edit for clarity on the playstation blog that I mentioned earlier in this thread; they changed "unique combat moves" to "unique appearance and same combat moves as other spear weapons."

This wasn't elaborated by Gamestop (again only spoke to someone in customer service, not a designer of the actual DLC), but they clearly stated the King Leonidas code was only for a skin.

Message 16 of 53 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 8, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

My guess is that if it's like skins/costumes for other games, you can equip any armor and spear weapon, apply this skin and you'll look like King Leonidas. It's purely cosmetic and won't carry any associated stats, which explains why there was that edit for clarity on the playstation blog that I mentioned earlier in this thread; they changed "unique combat moves" to "unique appearance and same combat moves as other spear weapons."

This wasn't elaborated by Gamestop (again only spoke to someone in customer service, not a designer of the actual DLC), but they clearly stated the King Leonidas code was only for a skin.

ugh, now i'm doubly frustrated with missing the MP beta. I really just wanted a sparted helmet for my guy :/

and since its just a skin, that means we will be seeing leonidas clones for a couple months all over MP, since i doubt you can recolor skins

Message 17 of 53 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Chrome_Gobin wrote:

DJMadCow wrote:

ugh, now i'm doubly frustrated with missing the MP beta. I really just wanted a sparted helmet for my guy :/

and since its just a skin, that means we will be seeing leonidas clones for a couple months all over MP, since i doubt you can recolor skins

Yeah, you're probably right but just think about how Gerard Butler must feel about this if he's a gamer...  Everytime someone kills him wearing that skin it would technically be a "suicide".

Message 18 of 53 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
865 posts

Feb 8, 2013
"Gerard" Butler
Message 19 of 53 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Feb 8, 2013

j0se_tony wrote:
"Gerard" Butler

Wow, can't believe I did that.  I only watch 300 like once a week lol.  Shame on me.

Message 20 of 53 (186 Views)
0 Likes