Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2013
By: VenScott First Son 2 posts

L3 Click Causing Heavy Attack/Magic Attack

9 replies 405 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

I love the multiplayer so far and I am not a huge multiplayer fan. I have noticed and have not found anywhere that states this is intended - that click the L3 to run sometimes causes a heavy attack or magic attack rather than running.  Frustrating. One could ask if I am accidentally hitting the heavy or magic triggers at the same time and I wondered that as well. On several occasions I made sure my right hand was lifted from the controller. I am not at all immune to user error so this was my first thought.

Please correct me if this is how it is intended and, if so, may I suggest it NOT work like this. :smileyhappy:

Thank you!

Message 1 of 10 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Re: L3 Click Causing Heavy Attack/Magic Attack

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

I have taunted and used my magic countless times while pressing L3, can be frustrating to waste magic :smileysad:

I dont think this is intended, I think it may be my controller, although I do have 4 they are all old and warn out. So it may th controller or the game itself. But with L3 and taunt many other players have that issue as well.

Message 2 of 10 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Jan 19, 2013
it's the controller. My R2 is a bit lose therefor it's sensitive so even my slight touch triggers it
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 3 of 10 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Yeah gotta be the controller...I have a worn out controller that I used in other games and a flick of the SIXAXIS function or R3 press used to do funky things instead...Using a brand new controller now and have not run into these problems or the ones stated above.

Message 4 of 10 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I can't fully discount my controller, however as mentioned I have taken my hand off the right controllers specifically to test and it only happens when clicking the L3 - no other misfires!

Message 5 of 10 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

In laggy games, my character will sometimes do moves I didn't ask for, or ignore other commands I've already input.

It might be your controller, but I think the game has its own problems that can cause this. My controllers are in good shape, and they've never had this problem on anything else.

Message 6 of 10 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I thought this only happened to me, good to know it isn't. But I do notice it happens with one of my controllers VERY often. I just switch to another controller, and I haven't had the problem since.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 7 of 10 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Honestly this is at the top of my list of issues that I hope get fixed for the retail.  I'm using a brand new controller and I still see this bug occuring occasionally, so its not a broken controller issue. I'll start to chase someone down and then just stop in place and either taunt or use my item. 

Message 8 of 10 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 20, 2013

happens to me every so often, i highly doubt its just my controller as the main use my ps3 gets is to watch netflix or play this beta for a few hours~

Message 9 of 10 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I have often felt like the game was playing itself and my character ends up doing things that I didn't do myself.

One thing I absolutely hate is having L3 as the run button. It's effing awful and not accurate enough.

Message 10 of 10 (320 Views)
0 Likes