Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2013
By: VenScott First Son 2 posts

L3 Click Causing Heavy Attack/Magic Attack

9 replies 401 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

I love the multiplayer so far and I am not a huge multiplayer fan. I have noticed and have not found anywhere that states this is intended - that click the L3 to run sometimes causes a heavy attack or magic attack rather than running.  Frustrating. One could ask if I am accidentally hitting the heavy or magic triggers at the same time and I wondered that as well. On several occasions I made sure my right hand was lifted from the controller. I am not at all immune to user error so this was my first thought.

Please correct me if this is how it is intended and, if so, may I suggest it NOT work like this. :smileyhappy:

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Re: L3 Click Causing Heavy Attack/Magic Attack

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

I have taunted and used my magic countless times while pressing L3, can be frustrating to waste magic :smileysad:

I dont think this is intended, I think it may be my controller, although I do have 4 they are all old and warn out. So it may th controller or the game itself. But with L3 and taunt many other players have that issue as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 19, 2013
it's the controller. My R2 is a bit lose therefor it's sensitive so even my slight touch triggers it
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Yeah gotta be the controller...I have a worn out controller that I used in other games and a flick of the SIXAXIS function or R3 press used to do funky things instead...Using a brand new controller now and have not run into these problems or the ones stated above.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (374 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I can't fully discount my controller, however as mentioned I have taken my hand off the right controllers specifically to test and it only happens when clicking the L3 - no other misfires!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

In laggy games, my character will sometimes do moves I didn't ask for, or ignore other commands I've already input.

It might be your controller, but I think the game has its own problems that can cause this. My controllers are in good shape, and they've never had this problem on anything else.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I thought this only happened to me, good to know it isn't. But I do notice it happens with one of my controllers VERY often. I just switch to another controller, and I haven't had the problem since.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Honestly this is at the top of my list of issues that I hope get fixed for the retail.  I'm using a brand new controller and I still see this bug occuring occasionally, so its not a broken controller issue. I'll start to chase someone down and then just stop in place and either taunt or use my item. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 20, 2013

happens to me every so often, i highly doubt its just my controller as the main use my ps3 gets is to watch netflix or play this beta for a few hours~

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I have often felt like the game was playing itself and my character ends up doing things that I didn't do myself.

One thing I absolutely hate is having L3 as the run button. It's effing awful and not accurate enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (316 Views)
0 Likes