Dec 24 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9466 posts

Lets talk kill stealing

28 replies 168 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

Since the beginning of time, people have been kill stealing.  We see it in every MP and I for the life of me don't understand why there hasn't been a reasonable fix to this issue.  

Team mates will always have the urge to put their other team mates at a disadvantage to that they themselves can get kill.  We all know this, it's very very common.  

See SSM implemented a change that would allow the person who put the last hit into someone, to be able to see the brutal kill halo first... oh man this could be so dangerous.  

What is more annoying, than someone running up and making a mockery of the hard work you put into a battle?  What is more annoying than trying to finish off a foe after a long and glorious battle?  

What I propose, is that we implement some kind of solution.

BUT GOLDHAWK, wth could we possibly do to fix such a widely annoying problem?

Don't worry my dear forumers, Uncle goldie has a solution.

My solution is simple for us to understand, but will probably give the programmers nightmares. My solution is this:

Base the damage off of percentiles per person.  Meaning, If someone is at 100% health, I run in and do 75% damage and a team mate runs in and does 25% damage to them finishing them off... I would get the kill and the team mate would get the assist.

Here's where it gets tricky.  What if the person who does the most damage is dead?  The dead person gets the assist, and the alive person gets the kill.

What if The person runs away?  After a certain time limit the damage counters will shut off and restart if they haven't taken damage or are within a certain proximity.  Meaning the people who did all the damage won't be able to claim the kill if the person runs off too far.  Otherwise, anyone could go around deal a ton of damage then run away if things get hectic run away and claim the kills for their own.  

What if the person heals?  Well, then the whole "time/proximity" rule kicks in again but this time if the person is damaged before the proximity limit is met or the time is up the percentage of damage they do will stack with their current percentage.  Meaning, if I have 75% damage, they go and heal a bunch and I do another 45% damage, my total % damage towards the kill is 120%.  This could easily be replaced by a number of health instead of percentages.

Any thoughs on the matter?  Things you'd change?  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012
Verry well though out. Now what if both players did %50 damage on one person? could both players get the kill? i don't think i've ever seen that in a MP, both players getting a kill on one person.

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Dec 24, 2012

metlgearsolid200 wrote:
Verry well though out. Now what if both players did %50 damage on one person? could both players get the kill? i don't think i've ever seen that in a MP, both players getting a kill on one person.

>.> why don't you go away.

Jk lol. 

Well, in the case where both players did EXACTLY 50% (very, very rare) I would say probably apply the same percentage as a chance of one of them getting a kill, and another just getting an assist.

Because if you go, one guy does 50, then another does 50 to finish the guy obviously the guy who did 50 last would merit the kill because he did just as much damage but finished him off while the other guy is...well idk where. 

But however, if one guy does say... 45% damage, and the other guy does 50% damage and the enemy is running away like "omg someone help jesus please have mercy" and the first guy comes back and knocks around 5% damage back into the guy to kill him, I think that's when the coin flip decision would come into play.  

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Note to self:

If I ever play with Goldhawk, I won't help him when he's getting his **bleep** handed to him by multiple players because he did more than 50% damage to them on his own and will get credit for the kills for me running in and saving his life. I'll instead watch and go capture an altar on the other side of the map or open some chests. And neither will I use relics that help the team.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Dec 24, 2012

NWI_AZTEC wrote:

Note to self:

If I ever play with Goldhawk, I won't help him when he's getting his **bleep** handed to him by multiple players because he did more than 50% damage to them on his own and will get credit for the kills for me running in and saving his life. I'll instead watch and go capture an alter on the other side of the map or open some chests. And neither will I use relics that help the team.

Much like I already said, if you did the final 50% you'd get the kill.

But of course someone would come on and post something selfish.  

But a kill is a kill.  There's absolutely no reason why someone should be able to come in and snag the kill out of the air while someone else is doing an in air combo...or run in and push one hit into them and since the rule states "whoever puts the last hit in them gets priority for brutal kills" they get the kill even if YOU put in all the hard work.

There's nothing wrong with the idea mentioned above.  It covers a lot of bases and like I said if you did come and save me, if I died anyway the credit would all go to you.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 24, 2012

It wouldn't be saving you if you died.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Then you should do a better job next time.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 24, 2012
As annoying as it can be sometimes, I don't personally think it's that big a deal. Especially given how little exp you get for them.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 24, 2012

To be honest, I've probably had as many kills stolen from me as I've stolen from others. It evens out. It's a team match, isn't winning the goal, not killing? Sure I know killing gets points but does it matter who gets them? This is why I play Battlefield and not Call of Duty.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Well viddik that all depends on how much of a **bleep** your team mates are.

I kid you not, this guy runs up and snags my opponent out of the air while I was attacking him and slams him to the ground to get the kill...wth?

I'd say it's as bad in this game as it is in any other. Doesn't happen constantly every single game but people can really rip you off and even TRY to rip you off...and in a game about combat I think it'd be a great idea to implement some way to make combat more fair, so jerks on the same team can't run in and take advantage of you.

You DO NOT deserve the kill if you only take out a small fraction of their health while someone else it attacking...that logically just doesn't make any sense.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (142 Views)
0 Likes