Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
676 posts

Re: Level Cap? Your thoughts

Jan 24, 2013
@elite-predator26 I feel exactly the same way.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 77 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

I'm curious, would the people who want a higher level cap be happy with;

a)level cap of 999

b)receive all class unlocks/tokens per God@LvL40

c)@999 be rewarded with something

For those who wouldn't be happy with any part of the above please state why, and what you'd like instead of the above...

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 77 (139 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

OKAY! First of all 1000 cap would be better, I REALLY don't like seeing those freaking 9's xD I like to see those perfect 0's :smileytongue:, but I would go for option (c) however don't get ONE thing throughout your WHOLE leveling experience, maybe like per 50-100 levels get something, and as you increase the rewards get greater :smileyhappy:??

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 77 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

a)level cap of 999

For those who wouldn't be happy with any part of the above please state why, and what you'd like?

^Exactly.

I'd have to go with option C. but instead of '999' make it '1000'. Way too many games end their level caps with a '9' value. Unlocking stuff as you get to the highest level is also a MUST. 

I really want some experience to go into this game's MP, so around level 300 things should get relatively difficult. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 77 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Some posts I posted in another thread: 

No, prestige is a lame **bleep** gimmick to make players think that the game has depth and replayability.  Prestige is stupid and is EASILY replaced by having a great leveling system. 

Prestige seems to be a way for devs to kind of be lazy and  not have to deal with trying to figure out a good leveling formula.  You can cap it low and then just restart over and over and over and over and over again.

No, I want GoW to have a leveling system in which you go from 1 to ??? (preferrably 100) and have incremental unlocks that make you feel like you're actually progressing through the game while getting more and more challenging and getting more and more power like it SHOULD be.  

Seriously, it's bad enough they ruined Uncharted 3 with this prestige BULL, I don't want it in GoW too.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tank_610 wrote:

I haave a feeling theyll have something similiar to prestige. Like dip into hades pool of souls and they strip all your powers so you have tp gain it all back. To be honest i wouldnt mind a "prestige" mode only because itll look retarded after a couple months seeing everyone at a maxed level. Id rather see a persons level with a certain rank beside them to show which level prestig they are.

Putting it like that makes it awesome.  Like how  you go to olympus to choose your power,  you go to hades and enter a pool and walk in slowly to sacrifice your abilities for something greater.

But still no, screw prestige. 

Maybe....MAYBE....if you had to get to end game, prestige  and then get to end game again to unlock a really really really really really really really really really really really cool set of armor, weapons, spells, relics, and items that no one else has....THEN MAYBE.

otherwise no, I will kill it with fire.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alacarpa wrote:

I'll only go for prestige if the rewards for this were like the godly possetions of every Gow SP campaign. Maybe with every prstige you do, they give you special armor, weapons, magic, relics and so on. And only if they are worth all the hours and effort that were put on this. 

Hmm...I mean I really hate the idea of prestige like you have no idea.

BUT....HOWEVER...that would be cool... 

Prestige 1 - Godly helmet

Prestige 2 - Godly chest plate

Prestige 3 - Godly leggings

Prestige 4 - Godly Tattoo

Prestige 5- Godly aura

Prestige 6 - Godly magic

Prestige 7 - Godly Relic

Prestige 8 - Godly item

Prestige 9 - Godly grapple hook (was thinking a while back, it would be cool to be able to customize the way the hook looks just a bit, right now it looks kinda like a poor man's hook lol but still looks cool.  If not this could easily be something else) 

Prestige 10 - Godly weapons.  

Probably not in that order but the idea is pretty sweet if you think about it.

BUT, I would honestly unlock all of these things via a bunch of different things.  Cooler items harder to unlock obviously.  Maybe collect tons and tons and tons of godly chests, thousands of kills...kind of like the "legendary armor" idea actually, but more complicated unlocks so you wouldn't just level up to 100 and then unlock all of the stuff at once.  I'm sure SSM could figure it out.  

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 77 (129 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

I'm hoping they can. I like your idea, Fiery's idea and Elite's idea.

Any of these 3 options is fine by me. As long as it lasts. I don't want to hit max level in a week.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

@FieryCaptain(Because I'm still too new to quote anyone)
A cap of 999 is not appealing either, that one digit away from a whole and complete number. I would say 1000 instead. It irks me in PSABR because my level is 999.99... >.>

If it were to go into the hundreds, just one reward for obtaining the maximum level does not seem enough of a reward.
For your suggestion, it would be best to have a new set unlocked every 100 Levels, with 250, 500, and 750 Unlocking something really amazing - say a new animation for an execution. 
Also, with hundreds of extra SP, those SP could be used like orbs and level up your base stats(say 20-50SP for 1 stat point), but this feature is only unlocked by reaching half of the cap level.

This is all just to go with you max 999 or 1000 XD

I personally would like Level 100 or something with fewer SP gained per level, and each Rebirth grants you bonus SP so you can level other spells/items/relics.

I also like the idea of increasing base stats upon Rebirth that was mentioned before by rachelnlucas. 

I'm a hardcore RPG fanatic, so you might all disagree with me, but that is what I would prefer: it is actually rewarding to restart at a lower level unlike the other games you are mentioning(that I have not really played much).

photo SD-okia_zps062ba295.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 77 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

a)level cap of 999

For those who wouldn't be happy with any part of the above please state why, and what you'd like instead of the above...

Let me clarify what I'm trying to address here. All the above a+b+c come in the package as how leveling would work.

If you don't agree with the "numbers" I've chosen state why.

The trend with many posts I'm reading in this thread is that numbers of any amount relate to a so called "achievement" with your playtime within game.

Where many seem to be not happy if it's to low, and many not happy because it's low and there are no rewards.

Then there are some gamers like I, whom just want to play the game for what it is, "gameplay" yet are forced into a game that incorporates 'grinding" in order to stay competitive. Hence any reward in combat games should be related to aesthetics (looks/appearance) instead.

So the above proposal is kind of a hypothetical question (because some may not agree with the number set), since it addresses all concerns raised in this thread;

It establishes and meets all demands voiced;

a base line of when all skills can be obtained (lvl 40)

a large number of levels to gain 999

and a reward once reached

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 77 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 25, 2013

If XP was distributed exactly the same as it was in the beta, then 40 is much too low.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 77 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2263 posts

Jan 25, 2013

There needs to be a level cap simply for balance issues. Do you want a level 1000 going against a level 1? GET REAL!

The skill points should also be like an rpg where you can remove the points and assign them where you want them if you feel you've mase a mistake with your choice.

Levels seem to be more for skill points and not making your characters stronger outside of armor and weapons gaining levels. At least I didn't take notice to character stats increasing at level ups.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 77 (79 Views)
0 Likes