Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Level Cap? Your thoughts

Jan 23, 2013

@rachelnlucas

Yeah I read your earlier post and I really like that idea. I noticed that too, however. My "400" physical defense set was no different then my "250" physical defense set, and I did use them both for a very long time just to be sure. I see your point with the whole balancing thing, but I don't think taking everything away is the right choice. I'm more of a suggestion kinda person, I can never really think of balancing fixes too well, so what you said is most likely the right way to do it (even if I disagree).

@stripesmarine

My courses have gotten heavy recently so I won't be on PS3 too often. I should be able to play some days though. Other than that, I'd randomly get headaches (car accident recently) so my game time is seriously limited. I'll try though man! Hopefully when I feel better. Smiley Happy

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 31 of 77 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 23, 2013

You don't lose anything you already leveled or unlocked.  Just your base stats of your champion without armor  , which I hope are a little more balanced when the final release comes.

I noticed a lot of people have pointed out that Zeus' magic dominated.  I was Ares the entire time and I still had at least twice as many kills as deaths most of the time. I agree that the stats seemed a little off on the balance but still wasn't that dominating that I had to give up on Ares.

Message 32 of 77 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 23, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

You don't lose anything you already leveled or unlocked.  Just your base stats of your champion without armor  , which I hope are a little more balanced when the final release comes.

I noticed a lot of people have pointed out that Zeus' magic dominated.  I was Ares the entire time and I still had at least twice as many kills as deaths most of the time. I agree that the stats seemed a little off on the balance but still wasn't that dominating that I had to give up on Ares.

It was just because they can get magic very easily. I rarely used my magic. I understand because Zeus IS a mage class, but Ares' "raw power" wasn't there at all. I was also on Ares, I never even got to play with you Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 77 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 23, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

rachelnlucas wrote:

It was just because they can get magic very easily. I rarely used my magic. I understand because Zeus IS a mage class, but Ares' "raw power" wasn't there at all. I was also on Ares, I never even got to play with you Smiley Sad

This will be rectified come March 12 ...................... can't wait.
Would like to test out the other Gods just to see what they are bringing to the table and what to watch out for. Still am not sure who to align my loyalties to. Leaning with Hades or Ares.....

Message 34 of 77 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 23, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

rachelnlucas wrote:

This will be rectified come March 12 ...................... can't wait.
Would like to test out the other Gods just to see what they are bringing to the table and what to watch out for. Still am not sure who to align my loyalties to. Leaning with Hades or Ares.....

Come with me to Hades! We have cookies.

Message 35 of 77 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Maybe once you prestige or whatever, you still keep your weapons and armor, but they get reset to rank 1 and you get to level them up once more per prestige. For example, you prestige the first time and you get to level up your weapon to level 6 instead of 5. And then 7 on the next prestige. 

Imagine what the skills and specials of a level 6 weapon would be like!

Erebus..jpg
Message 36 of 77 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 23, 2013

@d1v4d Get Better Man !

Don't Worry About Playing, Instead Focus On School Which Is Important By A Higher Degree .

The PS3 Will Always Be There For You To Turn It On Anything !

I Just Hope You Get Back To Feeling Ok Soon ?

Stay Safe My Buddy ! Look After Yourself Too : )

*stripesmarine gives d1v4d a long bro hug to stay optimistic about himself* 

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 37 of 77 (154 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

The level cap should be three. To get to two, you need 5 experience points. To get to three, you need 6 experience points. You can reset your level if you get bored of being top dog at level three. Then you'll be level one and get to climb the ladder again.

If you reset three times, you unlock shoe polish for your bald head.

Message 38 of 77 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Personally I love the whole "prestiging" or "legacy" thing but what I don't like is when you do this you lose all your stuff, if anything once you prestige you get awarded stuff instead of deprived of ALL your stuff. I don't want the leveling to end, but I want it to be reasonable at the same time

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 39 of 77 (115 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 24, 2013

If they don't have 'prestige' or 'legacy' (idea), then the level cap should be pretty high. I think most people hit level 30 within 4-5 days... Myself included.

Message 40 of 77 (106 Views)
0 Likes