Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Level Cap? Your thoughts

Jan 25, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

There needs to be a level cap simply for balance issues. Do you want a level 1000 going against a level 1? GET REAL!

The skill points should also be like an rpg where you can remove the points and assign them where you want them if you feel you've mase a mistake with your choice.

Levels seem to be more for skill points and not making your characters stronger outside of armor and weapons gaining levels. At least I didn't take notice to character stats increasing at level ups.

If you're able to get to level 1000, while a new player is seen at level 1, who's fault is that? Obviously they took forever to go online/purchase the game. Besides, even if this weren't the case, I'm sure the AI wouldn't put level 1000's up against level 1's. There's nothing to "get real" about.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 51 of 77 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

It's very easy for people to find exploits to level up quickly, just like with the beta refresh. It's just the point that a level of 1000 is ludicrous and unnecessary.

100 is even high for this kind of multiplayer. Besides, there comes a point where levels are nothing more than a number and once all armor and items are bought it becomes redundant.

Message 52 of 77 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I think it's a matter of skills. If you have played the previous God of War games, it's enough to make you a very skilled player. I was a LVL1 and everyone I slaughtered were LVL10-12 in the 2 distances(Desert of the Lost Souls and Hercules' Arena), yet I won 1st place.

You only need to train enough to get used to its mechanisms before you try it out by yourself. Good luck.

Message 53 of 77 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 25, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

It's very easy for people to find exploits to level up quickly, just like with the beta refresh. It's just the point that a level of 1000 is ludicrous and unnecessary.

100 is even high for this kind of multiplayer. Besides, there comes a point where levels are nothing more than a number and once all armor and items are bought it becomes redundant.

But to some people (clearly) it IS necessary. So it's up to SSM to find the sweet-spot. We can only help them so much by putting our ideas on here.

Message 54 of 77 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 25, 2013

They have a level system so those that don't like it or don't really care about it need to come with term with that.  On a single player game it doesn't really matter if you have levels but in a lot of multiplayer games it does. You put in work and time.  You'd like to see some fruit of your labor when going up against others.

To apease those that need the bar to keep moving then why not let them have a way to do it?

Even in the beta once you hit the max it added up your points to get you back to zero ( kinda silly) but still was something.

Message 55 of 77 (223 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Maybe Just Implement A 'God-Legacy' Option After Hitting The Max Warrior Rank Of 70 Or 85 .

After Warrior Rank 45 If Would Get Increasingly Harder To Reach The Next Few Ranks .

Once A Warrior Reached The Max Warrior Rank, You Would Have A Option To Ascend To A Warrior Of God-Legacy Tier And Be Restarted Again With Just A New God-Tier Rank Emblem And A Godly 'Possession' To Use In Combat . 

This Would Most Likely Satisfy RPG Elements While At The Same Time Give Casual Gamers A Option To Continue "Moving Forward" In The MP, Or Just Stay As They Are With All Their Armors/Weapons/Magics/Relics/Items At Max Level .

But If Anything, Going Legacy Or Advancing Beyond The Standard Rank Has To Be Present In A MP Mechanic, It Is Just A Catch 22 .

As d1v4d Said, Many If Not All Players Maxed Out The Beta Rank Of 30 In Just A Few Days ! I Know It Only Took Me Two Days To Max Out My Ares Warrior Before The Reset, And The Same Amount Of Time After The Reset For My Zeus Warrior .

Just To Make Us Think About The Neccesary .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 56 of 77 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 25, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

Maybe Just Implement A 'God-Legacy' Option After Hitting The Max Warrior Rank Of 70 Or 85 .

After Warrior Rank 45 If Would Get Increasingly Harder To Reach The Next Few Ranks .

Once A Warrior Reached The Max Warrior Rank, You Would Have A Option To Ascend To A Warrior Of God-Legacy Tier And Be Restarted Again With Just A New God-Tier Rank Emblem And A Godly 'Possession' To Use In Combat . 

This Would Most Likely Satisfy RPG Elements While At The Same Time Give Casual Gamers A Option To Continue "Moving Forward" In The MP, Or Just Stay As They Are With All Their Armors/Weapons/Magics/Relics/Items At Max Level .

But If Anything, Going Legacy Or Advancing Beyond The Standard Rank Has To Be Present In A MP Mechanic, It Is Just A Catch 22 .

As d1v4d Said, Many If Not All Players Maxed Out The Beta Rank Of 30 In Just A Few Days ! I Know It Only Took Me Two Days To Max Out My Ares Warrior Before The Reset, And The Same Amount Of Time After The Reset For My Zeus Warrior .

Just To Make Us Think About The Neccesary .

"You get the option to Ascend"

I see what you did there :smileywink: 

Exactly my point, either it should be very difficult to level up, or there should just be a lot of progression throughout the MP.

It gives it replay value, ya kno'? :smileyvery-happy:

Message 57 of 77 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Exactly My Point, You Are Just So Perfect, I Mean Yeah Replay Value Huh ? .Lol ; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 58 of 77 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Instead of like lvl 1-100 and earning experience maybe instead they can earn fame or something after each battle and instead of the levels being numbered they reach a certain status like rookie all the way to a god or something and you earn tittles aswell......what im basicaly saying is have an actual career for your warrior and maybe even add in like challenges that your champion can complete which give them titles so for instance you could have 'Bigbrownsta' 'the destroyer'  or something along those lines.

This could then add a whole new dimension to the game by having like DLC with mini bosses in with the multiplayer that when you kill you can gain special titles  .So for instance if they had a DLC for a minotaur and you killed it in MP you could get the title of 'minotaur slayer' or even challenges in the SP aswell  that you could earn .

So instead ofg going " omg hes 20 levels above me " you'd be like "woah hes the legendary gorgon slayer" like how all the other greek mythological heroes are known for there deeds n stuff

Message 59 of 77 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Feb 18, 2013

BigBrownsta wrote:

Instead of like lvl 1-100 and earning experience maybe instead they can earn fame or something after each battle and instead of the levels being numbered they reach a certain status like rookie all the way to a god or something and you earn tittles aswell......what im basicaly saying is have an actual career for your warrior and maybe even add in like challenges that your champion can complete which give them titles so for instance you could have 'Bigbrownsta' 'the destroyer'  or something along those lines.

This could then add a whole new dimension to the game by having like DLC with mini bosses in with the multiplayer that when you kill you can gain special titles  .So for instance if they had a DLC for a minotaur and you killed it in MP you could get the title of 'minotaur slayer' or even challenges in the SP aswell  that you could earn .

So instead ofg going " omg hes 20 levels above me " you'd be like "woah hes the legendary gorgon slayer" like how all the other greek mythological heroes are known for there deeds n stuff

Nice idea but it's way too late in the game for this to happen.  They're set in a numbering system, they're not going to change it three weeks before go live.

Message 60 of 77 (110 Views)
0 Likes