Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Re: Level Progression is too Easy

Dec 16, 2012

What we also need are more armor and weapons, my Zeus is 26 and still rocking armor of Zeus and Blade of Zeus cause there isn't anything better, I think level will be higher cause if it's 30, then that isn't enough to get every magic, item and relic to max thus you might miss that upgrade you were waiting for.....

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 11 of 20 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 16, 2012
By the moment I reached Ares like 24, I was completely "done" so to speak with my character. So I say increase the cap and maybe add more stuff if there isnt any? It feels like the MP is over too quick like this.
Message 12 of 20 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Dec 16, 2012

**bleep**? You're complaining about leveling up being too easy? I've been reading elsewhere that level progression in this kind of game is a really bad idea. Mainly because of the higher levels actually having distinct advantages over newer players.

It shouldn't be harder. Who cares how long it takes? If you find the game FUN, shouldn't you be playing it for FUN beyond the leveling system?

Leave it be.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 20 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 16, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

**bleep**? You're complaining about leveling up being too easy? I've been reading elsewhere that level progression in this kind of game is a really bad idea. Mainly because of the higher levels actually having distinct advantages over newer players.

It shouldn't be harder. Who cares how long it takes? If you find the game FUN, shouldn't you be playing it for FUN beyond the leveling system?

Leave it be.

That should't matter much if matchmaking pits similarly leveled players against each other. And there are plenty of people, myself included, that get enjoyment out of leveling up and unlocking new things. It's fun to look forward to new unlocks and plan a character around them.

Message 14 of 20 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

CaptainKhronic wrote:

OWN1N45 wrote:

Leave it be.

That should't matter much if matchmaking pits similarly leveled players against each other. And there are plenty of people, myself included, that get enjoyment out of leveling up and unlocking new things. It's fun to look forward to new unlocks and plan a character around them.

I understand it's fun to level up, but it shouldn't take a month to have everything you need, that just really punishes new players getting into the game. This isn't a shooter where it's easy to pick up and play, it's a different kind of game from those.

Matchmaking systems for pairing similarly leveled players against each other are never 100% perfect after the first month. If you've ever played any other shooter before, you'd know after the first month everything goes down the drain when it comes to how balanced being paired up by level is. Level based matchmaking solves nothing, it's not foolproof and shouldn't be used as a reason to say "make level progression take three months plz"

All I'm saying is, leveling up shouldn't be your primary reason for enjoying the game. New players will just get hurt if things are harder to achieve when as it is, in this beta, new players are probably getting mopped on the floor by higher levels and being turned off from the game. =\

Photobucket
Message 15 of 20 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Message 16 of 20 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Whoops, double post

@OWN1N45

If you're going for 100% perfection in terms of matchmaking, then your expectations are too high. With this game, level-based matchmaking makes more sense because of unlocks that provide a distinct advantage over newer players. Players close to each other in level will have equal access to unlocks which should even the playing field. At that point it comes down to individual skill determining who is victorious. And there's always world weapon drops that allow new players to get the drop on more experinced players and turn the tide of battle.

I don't think it should take a month to get everything you need, but definitely at least that long for everything you want. What I mean is that not everything should be unlocked and fully leveled up after 1 month, but you should be able to unlock and level up good enough equipment/relics/magic to make you a formidable opponent.

No one is saying that ranking up is their primary reason for enjoying the game. Only that increasing the time it takes to unlock certain things helps prolong the lifespan of the game's multiplayer component. The main reason I play and enjoy this beta so much is for the combat and figuring out different strategies to use against people. The most fun I get from this game is countering people's attacks and figuring out their patterns.

Message 17 of 20 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Level 30 is the cap? sounds good to me, seeing that I have to level up my warrior for each faction seperately, and from the opening thing it looked like there will be 5 or 6 gods to allign yourself with.

Message 18 of 20 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50105 posts

Dec 18, 2012

DSB-Singh wrote:

I only played two games and I'm already level 4. The game is too generous with it's experience points. Is this only for the beta, or will it be the same in the actual game?

I think its is sped up for the purpose of beta testing. 

It should definately take a lot longer when the game hits retail.

Message 19 of 20 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 18, 2012

No I think there needs to be a cap increase as at max level you should have EVERYTHING and at 30 you still miss 1 or 2 relics

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 20 of 20 (98 Views)
0 Likes