Splicer
72 posts

Re: Main Suggestion/Balance Thread

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

0) add some form of ranking system that prevents level 5s with crappy armor, weapons,  and skills from being teamed against a bunch of level 30s. With how important leveling is in terms of your character's power, there really needs to be a ladder system, otherwise anyone who picks up the game a month from now is going to have a really hard time surviving multiplayer, and many will probably stop playing before they get to the level required to "hang with the big boys", so to speak.

1) make it possible to grapple further when the player is sprinting. A lot of people use running away as a real strategy, and in the end it just slows down the gameplay and isn't very "god of waresque"

2) better form of tutorial for new players, I imagine at least half the players currently playing right now have no idea what to do in favor of the gods when the special objective spawns.

3) Basic weapon and skill balancing, some weapons are clearly beast, while others (like the hammer of Zeus) are completely useless

4) clan support, weather or not people say "this isn't call of duty!" there is absolutely no real reason not to support at the very minimum clan tags. It doesn't take anything away from the multiplayer and helps add a sense of pride and community for clans.

5) Make environmental damage from the maps less severe. It's pretty annoying to be doing really well and get killed by the Cyclops when he smacks the wall, or when that gladiator jumps into the middle of the ring, or that stupid spider comes out of no where when 4 people are fighting over the flag. Randomized events do nothing but hurt competitive play.

Message 41 of 208 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

6) some form of custom game/private game mode. As it sits, without the ability to build a custom match this game will never be more then a casual experience, you can't exactly hold tournaments with open lobbys....

7) there should be some sort of "cast time" when capturing a flag, not long, but long enough to prevent you from capping it if you're getting hit. I shouldn't be able to sprint past a guy and plant the flag while he's wailing away on me...

8) a 1v1 death match, yes, this will undoubtedly be exploited by children to level their characters, but my most enjoyable battles in GoWA multiplayer are the 1 on 1 battles when it's just your skill vs. his. I don't think players like me who want a 1 v 1 should be punished simply because some people will exploit it. This game has no leaderboards, no stats, no form of recognition, so why should we care if a few kids boost their way to 30? By the time they implement a 1 v1 there is a high chance most of the people who got this game on day 1 will already have multiple gods at 30.

Message 42 of 208 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 15, 2013
^Definitely agree with Private Matches, there are also many threads on it. Thanks for reminding me.

Also agree with a simple tutorial on how to play each game mode.

I have to add female characters to this list. Probably the hottest topic so far.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 43 of 208 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 15, 2013
As for environmental damage, I think it's fine. Polyphemus, the scorpion etc are all incredibly strong (Kratos had to give that Scorpion a beating)
Message 44 of 208 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 15, 2013

environmental damage can all be easily dodged.

i hope for better/invincible dummy practice.

Message 45 of 208 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Good news, it seems SSM has now decided to fix the level cap. One of the reps stated that they're doing something "nice about it" and that we'll approve.
Message 46 of 208 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Mar 15, 2013
i think the mp beta was better than then the retail when it comes to weapon and armor stats and even some relics isnt that good anymore:-/
Message 47 of 208 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Mar 15, 2013

During my gameplay the past couple of days the moster kills actually are being given to players even when you have a good chunk of life.

Mics are echoing, really annoying. Some games have the issues with these some don't . Seems to me to be the server.

I see more customization has been given to us but personally I stil lose my guy in the scrambles. Maybe make the player's character glow or something so you can see your own guy. A feature you can turn on/off incase people would rather see their customizations.

They did give us a look at who is aligned to what God , AFTER the match but I still think we would like to see the before the match in the lobby as Stripes pointed out. They also gave us the levels afterward, a before in the lobby would be nice.

Many stated they wanted a leaderboard of somesort. As long as I don't HAVE to look at it with the K/D stuff  I wouldn't be opposed to a leaderboard to make these guys happy.

originally stated here  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Top-3-changes-that-you-d-cha...

The grapple still has some issues but they could be related to major lag.  (MANY threads)

Message 48 of 208 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Doesn't have to be a leaderboard. I would settle for a start page for each player with info such as wins, k/d, most used weapon /armour, etc etc.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 49 of 208 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 15, 2013
*stat page

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 50 of 208 (126 Views)
0 Likes