Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 01 2013
By: FieryCaptain Hekseville Citizen 296 posts

Match Making & Quitting

[ Edited ]
17 replies 238 views Edited May 1, 2013

gypsy816

Could you please pass these concerns along to the team.

Match Making

-Would it be possible to incorporate a checkbox, ie filter to the game to force the match-making/algorithm to only start a match once all 8 players are found.

-or possibly incorporate these changes in a hotfix so that the algorithm will spend more time searching for 8 players before a match starts.

A second possibility to help the situation would be to at least revert the countdown timers again, 30 seconds minimum is needed...or like mentioned above simply don't start the countdown timer when it only finds 6 players....

Playing TFOTG or Capture the Flag 3v3 is lack luster.

Quitting Matches

Impose a penalty such as;

-if player quits or disconnects from 2 games within 10 minutes they suffer a 5 minute status of being UNABLE to join games

Rage quitting has really gotten out of hand. Double XP periods have become unenjoyable and counter productive, same can be said even on non XP days...

Message 1 of 18 (238 Views)
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Re: Match Making & Quitting

May 1, 2013

^in SMITE you get a 30min penalty for quitting

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 18 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

May 1, 2013
I vote for the quiting penalty. Although I have already rage quit when I met cheater...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 3 of 18 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

May 1, 2013
5 minutes isn't long enough a punishment time. A lot of people wait that long for a game anyway. You have to make it long enough to make sure peo

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 4 of 18 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

May 1, 2013

You forgot Map Voting

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 5 of 18 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

May 1, 2013
My god this stupid phone!

5 minutes isn't long enough a punishment time. A lot of people wait that long for a game anyway. You have to make it long enough to make sure people don't think about rage quitting.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 6 of 18 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

May 1, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:
5 minutes isn't long enough a punishment time. A lot of people wait that long for a game anyway. You have to make it long enough to make sure peo

Right. I advise a 10 minute period. Makes sense since games are 10 minutes. Or just disable the quit option, though it only take about 5 minutes to PSbutton>Quit Game and reload.

I also agree with some kind of solution to avert 3v3 matches. They are FAR less fun and involve FAR less teamwork. Also it splits up parties of 4 which can be a pain. If a 3v3 is going to ensue with a 4 player party present, it should put 2 players on each team at least.

Rage quitting has been bad from day one and seems to have gotten worse. I am glad that kills and deaths still count for quitters but I wonder if wins count when a HOST quits...at the very least, quitter should receive an automatic loss in their stats but even that isn't likely to be enough to stop the quitters.

I guess a problem I can foresee is people having less fun being forced to stay in lopsided matches against a good team. But the rest of us are currently suffering so that they can go as they please.

If a penalty is implemented, be sure to give ample warnings to those who would choose to quit. Giant font, brightly colored, several exclamation marks.

Message 7 of 18 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

May 1, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

DaBeast151 wrote:

Right. I advise a 10 minute period. Makes sense since games are 10 minutes. Or just disable the quit option, though it only take about 5 minutes to PSbutton>Quit Game and reload.

I also agree with some kind of solution to avert 3v3 matches. They are FAR less fun and involve FAR less teamwork. Also it splits up parties of 4 which can be a pain. If a 3v3 is going to ensue with a 4 player party present, it should put 2 players on each team at least.

Rage quitting has been bad from day one and seems to have gotten worse. I am glad that kills and deaths still count for quitters but I wonder if wins count when a HOST quits...at the very least, quitter should receive an automatic loss in their stats but even that isn't likely to be enough to stop the quitters.

I guess a problem I can foresee is people having less fun being forced to stay in lopsided matches against a good team. But the rest of us are currently suffering so that they can go as they please.

If a penalty is implemented, be sure to give ample warnings to those who would choose to quit. Giant font, brightly colored, several exclamation marks.

I imagine it would say "If you DARE quit this motha****ing game, you will be unable to screw over your teammates for 10 minutes!!!" :smileyvery-happy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 18 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

May 1, 2013
Then that would penalize the entire group if one person left. 3v4 is not a fair game...but you would have players "deal" with it? They would need a drop in system to fix this. I automatically drop a game when the scales tip. It not fun or fair.
Message 9 of 18 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

May 1, 2013

lmao Poseidon

TheMUSEdOne wrote:
Then that would penalize the entire group if one person left. 3v4 is not a fair game...but you would have players "deal" with it? They would need a drop in system to fix this. I automatically drop a game when the scales tip. It not fun or fair.

The entire group is CURRENTLY penalized. The idea is to make people think twice BEFORE quitting a game. If they do ragequit, they still hurt their team but will be locked out of joining another game for a time. Hopefully that leads to LESS lopsided games. THe drop in system isn't necessary, nor is it prudent in my opinion. Maybe a "join game in progress" option on the menu or something. I'd hate to constantly be thrown into games in progress, thus ruining my precious "Average Favor Per Match" number :smileytongue:

Message 10 of 18 (186 Views)