Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: Match Making & Quitting

May 1, 2013
They should take it a step further and penalize players who back out of queues to search for less challenging opponents. Or maybe hide the names of players in the queue until the time reaches 10 seconds, that way it's to late for players to back out.
Message 11 of 18 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

May 1, 2013

I_Ceases_I wrote:
They should take it a step further and penalize players who back out of queues to search for less challenging opponents. Or maybe hide the names of players in the queue until the time reaches 10 seconds, that way it's to late for players to back out.

Haha I believe I did that last night when I was by my lonesome and facing you and Grenix. However that was situational. I'd face you guys with at least another partner but that brings up a good point...why would you keep facing the same team over and over if they keep beating you, thus ruining your good time? You should always have the option of leaving a lobby before the game is locked in. Hiding names wouldn't do much if you were on a repeat game anyways, against a party of 3 or 4 you know who you're likely facing.

Message 12 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 2, 2013
My suggestion, as much as I h8 to say it, we need host migration. I understand that yea it sux getting thrown into a late shtty game but at least ull get to play. Its not fair wen you play through an entire match then wen the host quits you loose all ur xp. Not even through the entire match, sometimes this happens at the start or middle of a match. Either way, it sux & at least with host migration it wont drop an entire game just b/c the host quits. as I said I dont like the fact that ppl are turning this game into CoD but to have a fair experience for everyone you cant let one person ruin it for the rest. I rlly hope they incorperate this into the next patch if thats even possible, im not that technically experienced Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 18 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11779 posts

May 2, 2013

^they changed it in 1.04 to give u the xp you would have gained. it simply doesnt show the progress bar doing the increase animation Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 18 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 2, 2013
Oh cool, learn suttin new every day Smiley Happy still think it needs host migration tho
Message 15 of 18 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

May 2, 2013
Not just for the xp but so that I can play without crossing my fingers hoping the host doesnt bail
Message 16 of 18 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

May 3, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

gypsy816

Could you please pass these concerns along to the team.

Match Making

-Would it be possible to incorporate a checkbox, ie filter to the game to force the match-making/algorithm to only start a match once all 8 players are found.

-or possibly incorporate these changes in a hotfix so that the algorithm will spend more time searching for 8 players before a match starts.

A second possibility to help the situation would be to at least revert the countdown timers again, 30 seconds minimum is needed...or like mentioned above simply don't start the countdown timer when it only finds 6 players....

Playing TFOTG or Capture the Flag 3v3 is lack luster.

Quitting Matches

Impose a penalty such as;

-if player quits or disconnects from 2 games within 10 minutes they suffer a 5 minute status of being UNABLE to join games

Rage quitting has really gotten out of hand. Double XP periods have become unenjoyable and counter productive, same can be said even on non XP days...

Thank you for the feedback! Really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2327 posts

May 4, 2013

You CANNOT penalize players for leaving games. This is what happened in Starhawk, and it would reduce your ranking because server disconnects counted as player disconnects.

Even if you start a match people are somehow kicked during the loading process, and you can start with 2 vs 4, and then you want to penalize people for simply be grossly outmatched?

You can't blame people for leaving if the other team is exploiting constantly or they are high leveled against low level players, or if they are outnumbered.

The player levels need to be balanced for teams, not one team with 1, 5, 17, and 31 against a team of 40, 40, 40, 38. Do you understand?

The game lacks parameters which creates a clusterf*ck of problems. Starhawk had Pink Cake, Yellow Fist, and Red Skulls to signify player levels so you would know how difficult or how easy things would be. Unfortunately higher leveled players would always join the cake servers and destroy the other players.

Team Balancing, player bonuses for un-even teams given greater health restoration, defense and magic restoration. Leaving out offensive power won't create an over-powering effect.

I could give you so many good examples of things to do in this game to make it better for everyone, and the reason for this is we're the people on the outside looking in. The development team becomes desensitized to what is really going on because they deal with the game constantly. Your office sessions are not what is going on in the world with the rest of the players.

Fly me out to California, pay for my stay and time and I will mitigate that overwhelmingness you're stuck with at present.

Message 18 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes