Jan 20 2013
By: JudgeRAW00 First Son 3 posts

My beta experience...

3 replies 83 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

So overall I've enjoyed the beta and it had certainly sold me on purchasing the game upon release. That said there weres certainly some issues I had and figured I would post them.

First thing is the L3 button. I'm sure this is a mechanical issue and will undoubtedly be fixed by release but it hasto be noted how broken it is. Half the time I would use the L3 button to run and I would taunt sometimes and other times do random other action occasionally costing me one of my special moves or my magic. Just saying so this van hopefully be fixed.

Another issue is it being impossible to interrupt a player that is juggling you. I feel there should be someway to counter an extended series of attacks but when you keep getting bounced of the floor it seems impossible to do so. 

Some of my other issues may be personal preference but it did seem like Zeus players were considerably over powered compared to Ares playersd due to their weapon abilities and magics. Most Zeus  attacks leave you dangling in the air and also silence your player so you can't counter while Ares attacks seen to just deal damage and leave little opportunity to follow up with a grab like Zeus does. I hope to see a little more balance by release.

Message 1 of 4 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Re: My beta experience...

Jan 20, 2013
I made a thread yesterday about how at random moments, my character would taunt as well. At least I know I'm not alone in that.

With that said, I did end up switching from my Dualshock to one of my Sixaxis controllers. I haven't had that happen since.
Message 2 of 4 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I agree, althought I haven't personally experienced any issues with the L3 - it does seem almost impossible to break a juggle. It's like you have to sit there and hope that you've got enough health to sit throught it. Yeah, the L2 break is great and all but does nothing if you're in the air. I also chose to go the Ares route and right now I'm getting smacked down by those **bleep** lightening strikes that stick to you like glue or send you flying. All of these could speak to my personal gaming level - but hopefully as the other Gods are available with the game release it'll be spread more evenly or at least make it available at a higher level because I feel like I've got squat at Level 9 compared to some of these guys. 

Message 3 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Ashes_Rox wrote:

I agree, althought I haven't personally experienced any issues with the L3 - it does seem almost impossible to break a juggle. It's like you have to sit there and hope that you've got enough health to sit throught it. Yeah, the L2 break is great and all but does nothing if you're in the air. I also chose to go the Ares route and right now I'm getting smacked down by those **bleep** lightening strikes that stick to you like glue or send you flying. All of these could speak to my personal gaming level - but hopefully as the other Gods are available with the game release it'll be spread more evenly or at least make it available at a higher level because I feel like I've got squat at Level 9 compared to some of these guys. 

You'll learn to avoid such combos. Some players are highly dependant on them, which will only help you in the long run.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 4 of 4 (67 Views)
0 Likes