Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Another thing that needs to be looked into is ring outs.

I've said it before but now I know a bit more about it.

It seems when you get so close to a ledge that any form of attack will act as a huge knockback attack.

I was just in a match where I was taking on 2-4 guys in each fight, and I was fighting 2 guys at once and someone just walks up and pushes the kick button while I'm fighting someone and I just go flying off the map.

Ring outs should take more strategy and planning. It really seems that people just get insanely lucky...

You can fall through the very edge of the map and get ringed out. One time I was on the ledge and almost got ringed out...so my character stood up and when I stood up he just fell right off the map. Wth?

Whether it be just a simple square attack with a sword, a kick, demi god punch... etc... you just automatically fly off the map randomly and it shouldn't be that way. Ring outs should be a bit harder...maybe not super hard but come on... some of these ringouts are insane!

Also, not only are they super easy sometimes but items that make you go flying in a certain direction are broken. You'll move around objects and just fall off the map. Yesterday someone hit me with a hammer and I went FLYING across the bridge and into a wall...I SHOULD have hit the wall and stopped but NOPE, I fly AROUND the wall..like my character had to move to the left like a foot or more and then continued to fall into the abyss that surrounds the map.

I, by FAR, have the worst luck when it comes to ring-outs. Multiple times, I've bounced 4 times, and then fall off. My angles are PERFECT. I'd hit a wall, hit another and go STRAIGHT into a gap. Lovely. 

But I agree, it's simple to pull off.


well it's not even that it's simple to pull off...but people who do it most of the time don't even mean to do it!  They're just attacking and suddenly your character feels the need to act like he just got hit by a mack truck when in reality they were just trying to pull off a combo and you floated over the edge like a goddamn feather. 

Message 61 of 70 (143 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Another thing that needs to be looked into is ring outs.

I've said it before but now I know a bit more about it.

It seems when you get so close to a ledge that any form of attack will act as a huge knockback attack.

I was just in a match where I was taking on 2-4 guys in each fight, and I was fighting 2 guys at once and someone just walks up and pushes the kick button while I'm fighting someone and I just go flying off the map.

Ring outs should take more strategy and planning. It really seems that people just get insanely lucky...

You can fall through the very edge of the map and get ringed out. One time I was on the ledge and almost got ringed out...so my character stood up and when I stood up he just fell right off the map. Wth?

Whether it be just a simple square attack with a sword, a kick, demi god punch... etc... you just automatically fly off the map randomly and it shouldn't be that way. Ring outs should be a bit harder...maybe not super hard but come on... some of these ringouts are insane!

Also, not only are they super easy sometimes but items that make you go flying in a certain direction are broken. You'll move around objects and just fall off the map. Yesterday someone hit me with a hammer and I went FLYING across the bridge and into a wall...I SHOULD have hit the wall and stopped but NOPE, I fly AROUND the wall..like my character had to move to the left like a foot or more and then continued to fall into the abyss that surrounds the map.

I, by FAR, have the worst luck when it comes to ring-outs. Multiple times, I've bounced 4 times, and then fall off. My angles are PERFECT. I'd hit a wall, hit another and go STRAIGHT into a gap. Lovely. 

But I agree, it's simple to pull off.


well it's not even that it's simple to pull off...but people who do it most of the time don't even mean to do it!  They're just attacking and suddenly your character feels the need to act like he just got hit by a mack truck when in reality they were just trying to pull off a combo and you floated over the edge like a goddamn feather. 


Instead of a feather, my character is a bouncy ball. Not kidding, I bounce way too much, and then somehow find my way off the map which doesn't even make sense... 

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 62 of 70 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013
Man I know what you mean...when I try to combo my enemies get i-frames super easy...I literally have to item out every time someone combos me because I just never gain i-frames..I just bounce and bounce
Message 63 of 70 (133 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
869 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013

Regarding ringouts...I agree COMPLETELY...I just wanna know why 30% of the time, my throw near a ledge will ring someone out, other times they just bounce off an invisible wall! Makes trying to plan a ring out combo awfully difficult...

 

Which brings me to my theory of WHY ringouts seem to be so easy...yes, people will accidentally get em (I am guilty of this as much as the next guy) but also, planning combos with ring out in MIND would be FAR too easy if they were achieved everytime. Just my thoughts on the issue.

 

Goldhawk...finallly got in a game or 3 with ya and you kept bailing! I know we were outnumbered but stick it out, brotha!

Message 64 of 70 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013

That reminds me, it was only me and another teammate today vs a full team. He didn't leave, so I didn't. Never abandon a brother. My team was a bunch of wimps. "Oh no we're outnumbered! FLEEEEEEEEE!" 
I know it sucks, but it's all about loyalty for me. I appreciate the other player not leaving, brother fought well. Smiley Happy

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 65 of 70 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

Regarding ringouts...I agree COMPLETELY...I just wanna know why 30% of the time, my throw near a ledge will ring someone out, other times they just bounce off an invisible wall! Makes trying to plan a ring out combo awfully difficult...

 

Which brings me to my theory of WHY ringouts seem to be so easy...yes, people will accidentally get em (I am guilty of this as much as the next guy) but also, planning combos with ring out in MIND would be FAR too easy if they were achieved everytime. Just my thoughts on the issue.

 

Goldhawk...finallly got in a game or 3 with ya and you kept bailing! I know we were outnumbered but stick it out, brotha!


I can't stand some matches.  I recognized your name too but this game is so god awfully unbalanced, laggy and buggy I just can't take it.  I'll just keep searching for a match that won't punish me for simply trying to play.

 

I honestly think the ringout system is the way it is because nothing is set into place properly.  Damage is all over the place, trap damage is all over the place.  You don't always go flying off the map when people are comboing you but other times the most nonsensical stuff just keeps happening.  My theory is, the current MP build is just in shambles and it's a bug and/or lag.  

Message 66 of 70 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
869 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013

Haha yeah I saw you combo the air when we first spawned...figured that was a hello gesture Smiley Tongue

 

Still...bear in mind that if you leave, we are outnumbered and it makes the match even LESS fun for us.

 

I know, I get those lag-free matches where I can seem to do no wrong...my counters work, my attacks land properly...perhaps I am holding my potential back by pplaying through those horribly lagged games and trying to adjust my timing...but I don''t care. Rather keep it goin, teammates in mind.

 

Kinda crazy seein ya go with a KDR of 5-2 though...I'm sure your 2 deaths were BS but sometimes I'm glad to have 5-2 to START a match lol

Message 67 of 70 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 17, 2013
Wait, what do you mean I was comboing the air?

But yeah, not to sound too over the top cocky or anything but my typical game before they patched it and opened it up to PS + (when it gained heaps of lag) was 6-17 kills and 3 or less deaths per match. I was hardly ever running below a 3 KDR but now matches are so **bleep** I can barely even get a good combo running, because i-frames kick in when they shouldn't and enemy characters freeze which ruins the fluidity of my combos.
Message 68 of 70 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
869 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Wait, what do you mean I was comboing the air?


Hmm...when we first started a match, we were on the same zipline...when we landed you did a couple attacks...maybe you were just setting your weapon on fire? I thought you were saying hello. I'll tap R1 a few times to signal players. I suppose that's a bit subtle, but it looks like I'm waving!

Message 69 of 70 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 18, 2013
Ah, because I've actually had people stand next to me and start doing stuff like they were actually playing the match like fighting and taking over command posts then teleport to the map but usually that's only when I can't move.
Message 70 of 70 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes