Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 08 2013
By: Hawk_of_Rawk Sackboy 501 posts

Neutral triangle on the spear should NOT track people

11 replies 144 views Edited Apr 8, 2013
I've seen lots of people on here say the spear is the hardest weapon to use. I completely disagree for the soul fact that the triangle move has such a HUGE range and tracks player movement so well. The only downside is the limited range of the square move and lower attack power. I don't believe it should track you after you dodge it's during windup IMO.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Re: Neutral triangle on the spear should NOT track people

Apr 8, 2013
No, the spear would be terrible without it.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (131 Views)
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 8, 2013
i was in and game and some dude with hammer,we both attacked exact same time with heavy attack and he's hammer heavy was faster than my spear heavy, kinda odd thing...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Nah spears are too weak to have that taken away. I personally dont use them but when going against a spear I know all I can do to pull of a counter attack is to either parry or jump because of the range and as you said tracking of that heavy attack.
Diseus
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

C'mon, I think everyone is getting tired of these complains about classes, weapons etc...

If you think about it, the spear has one of the worst triangle attacks in the game, it's slower than the hammer, and it doesn't allow crazy multiple air combos like the sword.

It usually does pretty little damage, and dodging is fairly easy it does track you down, but only for a set period of time, so it's all about time.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
@Arkkienkeli83

In the beta, swords had priority over hammers. I guess they responded by having hammers have a priority over EVERY weapon. The way I see it is:

Spears should be the fastest but weakest weapon. They'll have priority but do minimal damage.

Swords be slower than spears but faster than hammers. They'll do moderate damage. More than the spears but less than the hammers.

Hammers should be slower than both swords and spears but do a great deal of damage. Much more than spears and more than swords.

Fair enough?

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Funny thing is, i only had 1 thing to complain about beta, parry.now I miss it. But on topic,yes spears should be fastest and swords second, hammers allready have that concussion mechanic, so it would be fair and balance vice that hammers should be slowest and I mean normal attacks not specials, they are fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Anytime During the spear wind up if I dodge it should NOT track me is what im saying! every other weapon is like this and bc it breaks your block and you then can be bounced its easy to combo someone to death by just taping triangle and following up with square an grapple I never once said its impossible to dodge but the timing has to be almost perfect (like dodging hades underground sword attack)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Hammers shouldn't be the slowest because their attack is weak compared to swords. Plus it's a lot easier to combo, stunlock, and bounce opponents.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 8, 2013
With swords that is
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (71 Views)
0 Likes