May 07 2013
By: metlgearsolid200 Uncharted Territory 1323 posts

New Mode Idea : Gladiator Mode: NEW EDIT:

[ Edited ]
46 replies 444 views Edited May 18, 2013

In this mode, you'll have to show your true "Combat" skill. Once in this mode, you will not be able to use, Relics, and Magics, and everybody will have the SAME Item so they may escape combos and get a chance to fight. There will be no Health fountains or Magic fountains and no chests. The only thing you need to rely on is your skill with the blade, hammer or spear and the armor on your back. There will be no world weapons to use as well. For every kill you get, you get 25-50% of health.

Now you can play any Game Mode in the "Gladiator Mode", Team favor, Capture The Flag or Match of champions.

I think this could be very easy for Santa Monica to pull off, all they would do to make this happen is take away a few things and done.

I'm just SO tired of playing people who know only to run and chest hunt. In THIS new mode, if you run, you'll just get closer to losing. This mode is a Hardcore mode for the current Game Modes, to further test you combat abilities.

What do you guys think about this idea? If you don't like this, then just keep playing the normal modes :smileyhappy:

NEW EDIT: do you guys think it would be a good idea to be able to hit friendlys with your weapons? so that people won't get in a cluster ball of chaos? for this Hard Core mode? AND when you do hit them it takes away your health and not theirs, though it still has the same effect as if you are hitting them, this way you can't kill a team mate just because you're anoyed of him.

lawl.jpg

Message 1 of 47 (444 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

Re: New Mode Idea : Gladiator Mode (A Hardcore Mode)

May 7, 2013
I'd LOVE to fight people in this mode, no longer will they run, if they do, then they lost :smileyhappy:

lawl.jpg

Message 2 of 47 (434 Views)
Sackboy
412 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

Good idea,i think they should implement too a tournament mode ,a daily  tournament for example (single tournament and tournament for team ) you make subscription and there is elimination and you can go final ...like pes 2012 for example

----------

----------
Message 3 of 47 (428 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

May 7, 2013

Instead of making a new mode just introduce private match and filters/options for what you mentioned would be a whole lot better...

Message 4 of 47 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

May 7, 2013
@FieryCaptain. Though that would be great...REALY GREAT, i don't think it will gain you XP or being able to play random people you don't know :smileyhappy: I mean, adding both of these ideas would be great.

lawl.jpg

Message 5 of 47 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

May 7, 2013

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

You will not be able to use the specials of your weapons as well.

This mode is a Hardcore mode for the current Game Modes, to further test you combat abilities.

I'm sorry, but 'no specials'? Get real man, if you take that out of player's arsenal you take away a huge part of the combat. I'm all for getting rid of chests, (health) fountains, world weapons etc for this mode but I'm not playing a mode where half the actual combat is taken out! If you restrict the combat like that you also wouldn't get the desired effect of testing a player's combat prowess, all it would do is make it really monotonous. 

Message 6 of 47 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

May 7, 2013
You make a good point, i thought about it after i posted and see if anybody would go against it. so i shall update it and take that part out. and also the Would Weapons taken out is another good factor.

lawl.jpg

Message 7 of 47 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11767 posts

May 7, 2013

^metl who wins in a 1v1 btwn u and delsol? :smileytongue: assume no hades sword combo XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 47 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

May 7, 2013
lol all depending, I sometmes come close to beating him with a spear and he runs to a health fountain :smileyhappy: but mostly he would win.

lawl.jpg

Message 9 of 47 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11767 posts

May 7, 2013

^lol u any good with spears? ive never seen u with one.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 47 (388 Views)
0 Likes